need help with receiver connecting to PC

OK, here is the issue I am having. I got a new receiver, I have always hooked my PC via HDMI to the receiver then to the TV with good results. I hooked up the new one just the same as the old, and now I can't get picture to the TV. If I leave everything on and restart the PC, I will get picture all the way till windows loads and the password screen comes up. After that, the TV has no signal and the Pc no longer recognizes the second monitor (TV). All drivers are up to date, and I tried all I could think to do. Receiver is a Denon avr-1613. Any Ideas? Sorry for the long post, hopefully it makes sense.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Make sure the native resolution going to the tv is what the tv needs, if the tv is capable of 1600x900 and your resolution coming out of the pc is anything different then you'll have problems. Make sure you set the resolution coming out of the pc to match what your tv is and you should be good to go.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I know from before that the TV supports pretty much everything I throw at it as far as resolution. Problem is I can't change any settings unless windows detects it. the old receiver and connecting straight to the tv both work seamlessly. the strange thing is, when I switch to a different HDMI source, the PC detects the denon, but obviously no picture because I am on a different source. This has me completely lost.

CARS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

• 3 weeks later...

I know what ur problem is

Wen ur loading ur computer it defaults to ur driver thatt why u get a picture and then it disapears wen ur in windows

Ur having a hdmi hand shake issue this can be resolve bu going in ur driver section either nvidia or ati and there is a section

Where u can choose ur default output device plug change it up to ur tv as primary deviced or spaned screen wathever suits u and u should be ok

idlew1ld the French Frog !

Just to try it when you reboot your pc after the bios loads keep hitting the F8 key until you get advanced boot options. You do this before windows loads. In there will be an option for vga mode. Select that and hit enter to boot up. See if that at least lets you login and see an image on your screen. It will be huge since its the bare minimum resolution that windows will run off of which i think is 800x400 or something like that. If you can get signed in then go to control panel and start to raise your resolution back up one tick at a time until your screen goes black. When it goes black you know that you have exceeded the limit your tv can support and just need to hit the esc key on the keyboard to revert to the last working resolution.

Another thing you can try to do is bypass hooking it up to your new receiver and connect direct to the tv and see if it shows the image the whole time. If it does then its a setting mismatch with the receiver. If it doesnt then windows has a problem and it may be a driver issue or unsupported resolution/refresh rate.

Let me know what happens.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I found some more people having problems with the same card and denon so I just bought a new card and all is working well now.

CARS

Archived