sq car speakers

keith

I'd like to see pics of the Caddy ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

disclaimer.....in NO way am I saying this is an SQsetup but,

it would be alot less work and look stock to go with plates in the dash, and 6.5midbass in the doors.....if you want a little rear fill for passengers then go with the recommended 5.25 on low power

or if you can go with a 6.5midbass/tweet combo or 6x9 for more sound in the rear if your looking to be loud and clear

it looks like your more concerned with having well rounded sound than with what would be considered a "True SQ" type setup

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I wouldn't use 6x9 speakers to start off, you never want non-circle shaped speakers, especially for sound quality.

Cablguy184 is one of the best people to ever listen to when it comes to sound quality.

You sure about that????I'm talking about the 6x9's

Yes because of the basic fact that sound waves are circle shaped, not oval shaped.

Now if you're tricking me with the shape factor, then I exclude horns or planar tweeters.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not...

Guys, Me and Team Bassik(Alpine) worked hard here to straighten the op's thread out and get him the information he needs to get his system set up ...

Please, Lets keep it that way ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I agree, what I said was stupid, now stop beating a dead horse, it gets old.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Apologies, I wasn't trying to kick it off again it was just that bit just caught me a little, Couldn't tell if he was serious.

I removed it, Good luck OP on your build :drinks: You have some real knowledgeable people here helping you.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

bah, screw sq, spl for life. unless it's playing the eagles or beatles. i would kill to be in an sq car to hear those.

Come to MECA world finals and I will give you all The Eagles you can handle ... You will hear "Life in the Fastlane" and "Hotel Califorina" in a whole new light ...

it has been said by some that a well set up rear fill can widen the imagery, but that it is a fine line between widening and pulling back. but kandiman is asking the most important question here, is this suposed to be a real sq car, or a car that is loud, and sounds clear. because the difference is huge

I believe in using rears in SQ, but ONLY to enhance the front stage and give you that slight rear ambience you hear in Movie Theaters ...

Now granted that some judges belive whole hartedly that rear and SQ doesn't mix ... so make sure you have that fader knob handy

To be honnest ... Learn and know your judges and what they want or expect out of your vehicle ...

not to thread jack but, how do u adjust for time alignment and whats the best xover points for tweet hp, mid hp, and mid lp? i got mine set to 80htz hpf on mid, 8khtz on mid lpf, and 8khtz on tweet hpf on a set of polk db 6500 comps on a rf punch 450.4 rf amps are beast, but how do i get more "vocal" output to go with the musical sound?

if that makes any sense^? lol its ran active via pioneer premire 860mp

it takes alot to get sq, usally sq is trying to reproduce the full spectrium from 20htz to 20khtz as clearly as possable and still maintain imaging as i have no imaging as it is lol everything is in stock locations ecept tweets witch are on sail panels

Edit: my apologies Brother ...

Please start your own thread and we will come in there and try our best to answer your questions ....

thanks to all you guys for imput at first i was not quite sure if i was going to get the info i needed but you guys came through for me when i get started on the caddy in a couple of weeks i will post alot of pictures i want forget i apreciate all info this thread has brought and their are a lot of nowlegeable people out their thanks cable guy and the rest of you guys for taking the time order in process will post pics when every thing arives

• 3 weeks later...

guys the subs amp and box are in the car sundown really did a nice job with those subs the sound and quality of them can not be beat at that price range have them crossed over at around 80 hertz wit subsonic at 28 and it gets prety damn rediculouse just what i wanted and have them turned down on the head unit im not no where near ready to post pics yet got a lot of shit to do will keep you guys up dated

Archived