Astro build...*NEW VIDEOS! page 7!* lots of sexy plexiglass, 2 18s walled, ~9k rms

• 1 month later...

MIGUELS, correct, they are zv3s with nsv2 softparts.

The tablet went through a clarion eq at the time.

So, my brother wanted to change the ports so we could get different sound, play lower, and be louder overall. I didnt necessarily agree with him because I had put so much work into getting the previous baffle looking right. So i showed up one day, and he had a crobar in the side of the baffle and i almost lost it lol. Anyways, it looked a little something like this when it was done:

Terrible, i know lol.

So the problem with this box is its designed to be shallow to fit behind the 3rd row. The interior of the box is only 14 inches deep. So making a port that will work presented a bit of a challenge since he wanted a removable port for testing purposes. So, the best thing we could come up with at the time...whaich looked aweful, is 2 slot ports that folded 2 times to give us the length we needed to tune the box around 32 hz.

That got us a bit louder, but still didnt really play the low notes all that well. We think they were just inefficient because the ports didnt move very much air.

So, we ripped them out and i came up with the idea of doing an octoport that made a right angle straight down to get the length we needed. I did the math, and realized if we kept the port on the small side, that we didnt have to bend it and could still achieve a 31 hz tuning. So we decided to give it a go.

Snapchat-20140221120701_zpsdef8b20e.jpg

Snapchat-20140221120648_zpsc2218185.jpg

Snapchat-20140221120555_zps48fb7996.jpg

We rounded both ends over with a 1.5 inch roundover bit, and it actually plays better than it ever has! Now that we got it sounding good, we want to get it looking good again. Diamond plate, bedliner (rebedlining the whole box and getting all stainless hardware for it) and of course, plexiglass. We may be able to have the octoport made of plexiglass which would be sick

• 3 weeks later...

So, update. We finally broke into the 50s with it! we slid the box forward, and metered it and got a 150.6 at 34hz and a 150.8 at 43 hz on the dash with 1 door open

nice man congrats on breaking that 150 mark!

Thanks man! Its not a 150 sealed, but It was on music! We are excited to see that number from what we have!

are you coming to the show on sunday?

Archived