2012 SKAR NISSAN. *door panels started*****

as promised some build pics... stripping down the doors to start sound deadener and getting rid of all the excess wiring not needed now that there are no switches in the doors...

27613603.jpg

little bit of this.... 200 sq ft out to get me started.... honestly thinking i will need more

50965476.jpg

91377185.jpg

17364943.jpg

outer door skins deadened... its like having to do all the doors twice

45609086.jpg

small trick i use when doing sound deadener.... using a "NIB" roller that is normally used for fiberglassing... i pokes very small holes in the top layer allowing any airbubbles to escape therefore getting a perfect application... it doesnt hinder the sound deadening properties of the product at all but definatly makes for better adhesion..

75767255.jpg

circuit board from factory switch panel.. has to stay hooked up so that the power windows work so time to streamline it... took the board out of the switch panel and cut off and desoldered what i didnt need from it... now all that is left is this little bity thing ... will make something to protect it ...

47271374.jpg

front doors deadened...

91487042.jpg

and that is all the factory wiring needed ... plust a streamline module i made out of abs and a handy plastic welding kit to hold and protect the small circuit board

63996071.jpg

new control panel ... power windows and door locks up in the roof now

45588962.jpg

back doors deadened.... makes such a huge difference... sound solid as a rock

45120292.jpg

teaser of what will be going on in the back 2 doors

54523175.jpg

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

nice! i like how clean the switch relocation came out

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

nice! i like how clean the switch relocation came out

thanks bro... it definatly takes some getting used to.... everytime i need to roll my windows down... i reach for the door still.... then people look at ya wierd when you reach for the roof to roll your windows down

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

ok well started the mock up for the panel which will be housing. 8 midbass drivers from the SKAR vxi component sets... wanted 10 but it wasnt going to happen with the look i was going for

17921091.jpg

made the markings on the door where i needed to cut...

60_zps53c2e1ce.jpg

the cut off what i didnt need... not much left lol....

61_zps5a795581.jpg

and then cut all the excess wood from the mock up peice so that it fit the door.... there will be another piece mounted to this one from the rear... but this one will be the only one actually fiberglassed to the door.... the other peice will be removable so that if i ever want to change speakers i dont have to re-glass the whole door only change out a board...

62_zpsb3a8224b.jpg

and unfortunaly thats it for today... will have more pics later.. pretty busy so dont have time to upload more...(most of this work is done already just like draggin out the build lol... especially since this is a slow ass build log in terms of.... comments people!!!! suggestions? comments? criticism? anything your killing me ...lol

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

started the panel that speakers will mount to

65_zps112cfd97.jpg

64_zpsa85ef55b.jpg

finishing routing out the holes so they look all pretty.... i dont know why im mean muggin' so bad lol

66_zps47a01fc0.jpg

bam

68_zps1d0a4b3f.jpg

67_zps465cf3da.jpg

69_zps72e8dc75.jpg

all 16 holes for the 6.5's in the front doors

75_zps43c8c23d.jpg

looks a little empty

72_zps0c056612.jpg

71_zps63c2b50d.jpg

much better

73_zpsdcf84867.jpg

starting to take a shape a little bit..

74_zps8b2febb1.jpg

i wanted to do some crazy curves but with this many speakers in the door there was just no room,, but i think they are lookin pretty cool even though..... definatly cant wait to hear them

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

Your doors are probably gonna get louder than my entire truck!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Ya I will be doing something pretty cool with the pillars. And the rest of the dash for that matter. Just tryin to figure out this tweeter panel for the doors right now. They r kinda pissin me off.

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

Hey man, dont know if this interests you, but it might help any other Titan, Frontier, or xterra members figure out what to do with the variable voltage control I was talking about. They discuss it in this video I found. Looks like he was able to just fit a 2 gauge ground through there. I still want to see if a 1/0 gauge is possible. I might be getting the DC Power XP series for our trucks soon.

Look good. Tuned in

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Archived