Excessive Amperage Alt **Tested @ 239a this morning**

Lol AutoZone tested it with a voltmeter basically lmao reads 14.4 your good man.. lol waste of.time

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

The way I see it is this:

The car is the same, the equipment is the same. Therefore, the load ie:. however manys amps the car pulls w/e that actually is plus the amp draw IS THE SAME. regardless of which alternator Im running.

The stock alt is 105a new, my stock alt is however many years old, its actually a reman, I found a sticker on it that says 100% Reman.

The new unit is 200a rated, "250a" benched as he said.

Am I being unreasonable to think that with at least double the alternator power, I should see more than minimal voltage improvements at best?

Driving around today playing random songs, my drop was very similar to stock 11.5, 12.0 12.2 I mean I feel like something is wrong here.

Or am I being unreasonable? I sent him an email, hopefully I hear back soon.

Feedback appreciated.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

The car is the same, the equipment is the same. Therefore, the load ie:. however manys amps the car pulls w/e that actually is plus the amp draw IS THE SAME. regardless of which alternator Im running.

The stock alt is 105a new, my stock alt is however many years old, its actually a reman, I found a sticker on it that says 100% Reman.

Am I being unreasonable to think that with at least double the alternator power, I should see more than minimal voltage improvements at best?

Driving around today playing random songs, my drop was very similar to stock 11.5, 12.0 12.2 I mean I feel like something is wrong here.

Feedback appreciated.

Alternators have a charging curve. If you're expecting 200A+ at idle thats whats wrong.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Feedback appreciated.

Alternators have a charging curve. If you're expecting 200A+ at idle thats whats wrong.

No lol def not. I compared voltage drop at idle and at ~2krpms.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

So today i took to it to an auto electric shop right around the corner from me.

They looked over everything and asked about the setup etc.. he said he usually gets ppl through here that hook up their stuff with house wires..

So anyway they pulled out a lil snap-on cart hooked up the clamp, put a lead on the battery terminals.

He revved the engine up front at the idler or w.e its called

it was doing like 22a or something stupid. He cranked up the dial thing and only for like 1-2sec he held it at right about 239a!

He was saying how alternators that are supposed to be all beefed up never do squat. But he said yea itll do 250 or so because it did 230 off this lil thing..

Anyway, I didnt get a chance to note the engine rpm at output, but I didnt press it much as they didnt even charge me for anything so.

I called EA back and told him, like just to let you know the unit tested out fine im sure ppl only call with a problem, but I wanted to let him know it went well.

He said he usually doesnt go too much above 2k rpm or so right around there, so I should see full output at 2k..

Ive double checked my wiring again and again, maybe someone could suggest something I may have overlooked?

But I just wanted to post this up, because I didnt wanna sound like i was bashing EA, but the unit does in fact put out what he claims. At least on the bench

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I read through most of the posts to get an idea of whats going on. Here is somethings i was told. sorry for repeats. 70 amps is equal to 1,000 watts. car needs and 70 - 80 amps to run. That doesn't mean ALL those amps are from the alternator. That also isn't ALL the time. I was at an alternator shop and had them clamp my Singer 250 amp. clamped little over 220 amps out of it. They said the quality looks like it can do the 250 amps. I asked why it didnt do 250 ? because the load probably wasn;t big enough. i had the clamp at idle. 20 - 30 amps. the rest of the amps where coming out of the battery. The alternator will not make full output at 2,000 RPM unless there is a load that is asking for that much. Correct me if i am wrong someone.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I read through most of the posts to get an idea of whats going on. Here is somethings i was told. sorry for repeats. 70 amps is equal to 1,000 watts. car needs and 70 - 80 amps to run. That doesn't mean ALL those amps are from the alternator. That also isn't ALL the time. I was at an alternator shop and had them clamp my Singer 250 amp. clamped little over 220 amps out of it. They said the quality looks like it can do the 250 amps. I asked why it didnt do 250 ? because the load probably wasn;t big enough. i had the clamp at idle. 20 - 30 amps. the rest of the amps where coming out of the battery. The alternator will not make full output at 2,000 RPM unless there is a load that is asking for that much. Correct me if i am wrong someone.

thats right. the alt put out power as needed. Ie:. its not going to put out 200a all day whether or not the need is there.. so the only way is to LOAD test it. when a load is present what kinda numbers is it putting out..

whats confusing is the fact that ok it tested out well over rated, great. but why am i getting voltage drop like none other than? with 200a + and two xs power batts on only 2k.. I should see like NO DROP. but then again ive only been running it for a few days off/on. So maybe its just that one song that for some reason causes suuuuper voltage drop. the only thing i can think of is clipping.. which does cause mad drop, but the h/u in the dash is DD-1 using the -5 tone. So that should be safe for anything Decaf'd iirc..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

I think as long as your voltage goes up after your good. How is your wiring ? And where are you reading voltage from. Maybe its not the power plant maybe its the wiring that carries power.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

as stated, its all 1/0 big 3 etc.. 1 run of posi and 1 run neg to the xp3000 in the back. d3400 up front measured at the amp btw.

i tested that meter vs a dmm in 3 dif situations, all within a tenth, cold starting, bat resting, battery power only droping into the 11s. stinger meter reads the same as a dmm at the same location.. not to mention when the amp is set to protect at 16v and it protects right when the meter reads 16.0.. its pretty good id say.

idk i guess im going f'ing crazy. my bc2000 is suddenly pulling like 400a or soemthing lmao

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived