Second Skin Audio

Cylindrical Box?

Goblenator

Isn't that an oxymoron? :peepwall:

I think some people have used that sonotube stuff you get at home depot with mdf baffles.

There is amember on here who used a wine barrel.

My question is why??? why do you want a cylinder for an enclosure..

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Cylinders get used for home audio for aesthetic purposes, and because they can be very tall, but in avehicle it just doesn't make a huge amount of sense. But by all means, go for it. calculations are all about volume, so it doesn't matter so much about the shape.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

I get why people do them in homes but vehicles you usually try and squeeze as much space out of a cargo area as possible or have it take up least floor are possible. Put a circle in a square and look at all the wasted space at each corner.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I get why people do them in homes but vehicles you usually try and squeeze as much space out of a cargo area as possible or have it take up least floor are possible. Put a circle in a square and look at all the wasted space at each corner.

I think he wants to dO the bazooka nos bottle 8inch bass lol

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobile/Passive-Bass-Tubes-Subwoofers-C7/NOS-Series-S66/NOS8---8--Blue-Nitrous-Oxide-inspired-Tube-Subwoofer-P150

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I see so much wasted space its not funny...like a square box back there even with external ports would free up alot of room or give you enough airspace for another sub. It just seems like alot of wow effect but wasted potential. Its all up to you though man...its apersonal choice thing...we dont make your decisions. I jsut think a painted or wrapped box that fit the cargo area looka alot cleaner and would give you more airspace.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

its called a crx style spl setup... subs forward port rear.. sonotubes because its smoother something about how the wave travels inside the enclosure being round and all helps the dbeeez. it like how if you add a 45 in the corner of the box by the port, most of the time youll gain.. making a smoother path for the wave to go out the port...

most ppl in crxs setup this way..

in fact i just watched a vid of a guy with two 12's 600w subs on 2k clamped and everything 150.00db on the dash @ 63hz..

its for SPL purposes, so if thats what you want.. sonotube is the direction you wanna look for crxs

it looks like your gonna blast off... but numbers are numbers and spl usually isnt very pretty.

https://s-static.ak.....941004434&ev=0

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived