Sundown Audio

Bass knob

djscrappydee

No. Being serious now, you set your gain with the knob all the way up then use the knob to "turn down" the subs when you don't want it so loud. When you want to turn up the bass you turn up the knob and if you're gain was set properly it won't turn up past where it was set and causing clipping.

x2

ahh so essentially it's a volume control knob up to the point where you have your gain set.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

there is a difference between remote bass boost knobs, and remote gain knobs. the latter is better, in my opinion.

lets say your gain is at 1/2. you have a remote gain knob hooked up to the amp. now when the remote knob is turned all the way up, the amp is outputting as much power as it can with that 1/2 gain setting on the amp itself.

if you have the knob at half, output theoretically goes to half or a quarter gain. (i know it doesn't exactly work like this, but fractions make things easy)

if the remote knob is all the way up, and you take the plug out, output should stay exactly the same. thats because the only thing a remote gain knob is, is an attenuator. it doesn't go past where you set the gain on the amp itself.

Gain knobs controls your gain, or output voltage, meaning when you use your gain knob, you're basically controlling how much power you're wanting to receive from your amp, with full tilt being maximum power from your amp.

Bass boost knobs on the other hand are basically 1 band equalizers, instead of controlling gain, it eqs the bass frequencies(usually 45 or below), which if used on already bassy music, can cause distortion.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Not all bass knobs are gain controls. For instance the pac-lc1 is a simple potentiometer (variable resistor) it only cuts the output from your source. It does not actually do anything to the gain. As far as knobs like the ones on the sundown and skar amps that plug directly into the amp i don't know. I suspect the do the same thing.

bass knobs are a stand in for volume knobs, crank the gain to get DBeeeZ. :ninja:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived