What do you think this means?

Ok so no one knows my story, as it's been close to a year since I've been kicked out of the military and I don't truly want to get into it as still outrageously upset over the whole situation (not so much that I'm out, but moreso of how it happened). And I'm not looking for support or whatnot...I'm just curious... what do you mean the right to self defense truly means?

Some say things such as "If someone makes a threat, beat their ass". Ok well I'm going for legal terms.

I looked it up on google, found wiki (not 100% reliable but is pretty accurate most of the time) and the definition that fits me most would be this...

"The current statutory defense reflects the common-law "right" of an individual to repeal a threat to life or limb… Defense of oneself or one's relations, deemed a natural, inalienable right at common law, justified the use of force, making even homicide lawful." What I get from that is if someone makes a threat to do bodily harm to you or a relative, you can act with murder if it's justified and it'll be 100% legal.

Now I understand, you'll still be arrested and all, but by the technical terms and such, you should be dropped of all charges.

The other terms I have found online, state that one must attempt to flee before acting in violence. So if someone were to approach you, threaten you, you must first try to get away before you beat the hell out of them. That's fine and understandable, but for my situation, that wasn't an option.

So my question to you is what does the right to self defense mean to you?

Sheena = pedobear

As soon as the first swing is thrown, Rushed at with a melee weapon, or gun is drawn i consider it Self Defense. Anything before can be prevented by simply walking away. Now as to murder someone I would have to be scared for my life so either a gun is pointed at me or I'm getting my ass whooped with a melee weapon for me to consider taking someone's life. That's just my point of view.

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Awkward... "An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above." when I tried to respond.

Anyways...I'm not gonna go into much detail for now (Maybe sometime soon I'll say the details, as it does eat at me), but I will say that I couldn't go backwards because a house was there, I couldn't go to either side as my vehicle and another vehicle were on either side of me, and dude skidded across neighbors lawn (I wanted to see that apology happen so bad haha) and stopped his pos ford ranger in front of my vehicle. So although he wasn't a foot away from me, it was more like 10 feet... wasn't able to flee. Especially with me standing inbetween my car and my car door.

Now I'm sure some of you may say "Should've hopped in and off road that shit"... like drive across the lawn and shit, but only way I could've woulda led me straight into a ditch that my car can't do. Lol. Ain't got an off roading vehicle (ditch was probably 3.5-4 ft deep and 3 ft wide. Too damn wide and deep for a car)... So only way out was forward and did what I had to for him to... as ludacris says.. MOVE BITCH, GET OUT DA WAY. Lmfao.

Sheena = pedobear

@Emoxihax

I don't think he is going to explain that to us and that's his right ofcourse.

@WastedTalent

I totally agree with Capricex383, when you're threatened by someone with either a knife or gun and you see the oppertiunity to turn the whole situation around you should do it instantly,

if someone wants you dead there is no reason to not fight back! Overcouse I would try to prefent to take it to the killing your threatener but when it happens I think you're completely legal and all charges should be dropped.

And walking away isn't always the best solution if you walk away you become the easiest target ever because they can attack you from the back.

Just my opinion though

EDIT: got same error..

@Emoxihax

I don't think he is going to explain that to us and that's his right ofcourse.

@WastedTalent

I totally agree with Capricex383, when you're threatened by someone with either a knife or gun and you see the oppertiunity to turn the whole situation around you should do it instantly,

if someone wants you dead there is no reason to not fight back! Overcouse I would try to prefent to take it to the killing your threatener but when it happens I think you're completely legal and all charges should be dropped.

And walking away isn't always the best solution if you walk away you become the easiest target ever because they can attack you from the back.

Just my opinion though

That's how I felt. Others of authority didn't. And the saddest part of all? In the end, absolutely no physical harm was dealt. I mean he did shit his pants and there were court dates after court dates after court dates... but seriously, stupid. Which is why I'm so outraged by it. Maybe I'll get a good day's sleep (since I sleep during the day and up at night for work) and be in a great mood and post in this thread wtf happened. Won't lie, getting responses like this... helps. Shows that there is support out there.

But I do have to admit before anyone else states anything... There wasn't any sort of weapon involved, for him. He didn't have a knife or gun or anything. All he had was a ciggaweed and he tossed it. But there was being rushed at and all that other shit. And also, do think about size. Don't be recommending a fist fight when the guy could be like 6'5 250 and the dude who used self defense is like 5'8 and 140. Think that's just gonna result in an ass whoopin for the self defense guy. (My situation was similar to that as he was way bigger than my ass)

Sheena = pedobear

Well I guess the system is f*cked up big time when it comes to this kind of stuff, if heared a lot of story's where a person protects himself against for instance a burglar and beats the crap out of him, I respect this guys an other person has no bisnuss in you're house and if he attacks you he got what he deserves! But then the burglar actually has the guts to press charges against the person who beat him up. This makes me angry that it's even possible in our system..

I think you stand in your right but there are lot of people who have an other opinion I've respect for their opinion but I think the would share my opinion as soon as this kind of situations come close to theirselfs.

I guess we share the opinion about this and I think the system really has to change on this point.

The actually tell you you can protect yourself but when you actuall beat someone up out of selfprotection you got sued.

Makes sense right...

but enough of mine opinion I'm curious what other think about it ;)

I also agree with caprice, even if your path is blocked you can walk past him and try to leave and if at that point he does something to you of any harm you then have the right to protect yourself and take any measure needed to keep yourself safe and alive. You need to at least exhaust all options first to try and deescalate the situation and not let it get to the point of requiring you to defend yourself .

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived