Back home finally. Still have to wetsand and buff the clear for a mirror like shine.

KIMG0301_zpsdvn3vdfl.jpg

Only home for a week and she got snowed on :(

Fuck you Ohio weather, glad they didnt use salt though! Was honestly surprised they didnt

KIMG0302_zpszzl4t9q0.jpg

Finally some audio related updates.

Wanted to downsize the 6x9 box now that I have huge front fill from the door panels.

Did the entire countersink with a 1/4 chisel and hammer lol

KIMG0304_zpstef8lfsl.jpg

KIMG0305_zps4wrhhvvt.jpg

KIMG0306_zpsx8n11n3i.jpg

KIMG0307_zpsfmifn6qd.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to re wire my 4 channel wireless switch, time to put all that sky high wire to good use!

KIMG0323_zpskhhcov6a.jpg

All wired and labeled

I found this cool spiral wrap at home depot for like 3 bucks. And you get 2 lengths around 4 ft long or so. Figured if I ever wanted to change the length of one harness I can T off almost anywhere.

KIMG0324_zpss08w4qvv.jpg

Everything in place, Plenty of areas to hook stuff up now!

KIMG0326_zpsgevvrl0z.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I havent posted much just from being busy with life stuff, havent done as much as Id like to but we all know how that is>

Doing a seat swap from a 2nd gen neon to my 1st gen, along with the center console and shifter to gain an extra cupholder and sportier shifter.

Few custom brackets later and it dropped right in, now all those hours spent sanding the factory one are out the window lol up into the attic it goes for storage!

KIMG0331_zpsusxtf1bx.jpg

Repping my SMD hoodie on the 10 year anniversary
KIMG0330_zpsllj2r4sy.jpg

Also made a purchase or two..

KIMG0334_zpsd9p0umgk.jpg

KIMG0335_zpspcrfh77b.jpg

Re doing my kick panels so i can have some front fill while my door panels sit ready to be finished. Only finished this side, started more projects in the mean time lol
KIMG0336_zpsfe2i2aq6.jpg

Some random RE grill (also temporary)

KIMG0337_zps3tiqr1h9.jpg

The cherry bomb I had was on its way out, and I was kinda getting tired of it rattling my brains. Thats why I have a stereo!

Sounds good and sounds almost stock now!

KIMG0340_zpsj8k5okoh.jpg

Another thing that has bugged me is my beige headliner. Nothing else in my car is beige everything is charcoal grey so time to make it match!

KIMG0342_zpsjodkv7ks.jpg

Several coats later

KIMG0348_zpsnkdg7ryo.jpg

While that was out decided to cover the rest of my roof, would have been nice to keep the metal from washboarding during paint process. Maybe will be better next time!

KIMG0349_zpsaraeeibb.jpg

Also wanted to redo my a pillars. Tweets werent really imaged well and was another one of my first projects. Time to put my newer skills to work!

KIMG0353_zps5ubu3rrx.jpg

KIMG0354_zpsam0uhv0s.jpg

KIMG0355_zpsspypf2wr.jpg

Remaking my false floor, the MDF that was back there added up in weight too fast. I had some birch sitting around for a while, might as well use what i have to most of!

Intake fan board mockup

KIMG0357_zpsb8vbah7b.jpg

All panels in

KIMG0358_zpsaeuverqs.jpg

Oh and I made a spot for that fuse holder from earlier:

KIMG0359_zpshxbyyeql.jpg

Overall im not happy with this cutout, Id like to get fancy. My grandpa is giving me his router table, going to invest in a bottom bearing flush bit. That should help!

But considering this was all jigsaw, thats not terrible

KIMG0360_zpshlyodr9w.jpg

This one board is hiding alot of stuff now.

KIMG0361_zpsjbl0vchc.jpg

These will help with the dreaded MB quart angled inputs.
KIMG0362_zpssmtabler.jpg

Had to stop there, waiting for my fuse holder to come. Literally the missing link!

KIMG0364_zpsitzdoark.jpg

Edited by bsneon98
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a new box! Going to try something ive never built before

KIMG0374_zpsyb7kohag.jpg

Always liked the look of an angled baffle box, plus it helps with space big time. just never had the cuts to attempt and build one.

KIMG0372_zpshqyhaxon.jpg

KIMG0373_zpsveh5t5ph.jpg

Port piece

KIMG0376_zps1bfs0po1.jpg

Now its time to start gluing and screwing to make it permanent!

KIMG0379_zpszlzrd6xs.jpg

The top will have to be slid all the way over, its an EXTREMELY snug fit lol

KIMG0380_zpswi7ed3dn.jpg

Almost looks like a box now. I also did these baffles in a very strange order but Im glad I did, cutouts for the double baffle came out alot easier

KIMG0381_zpswgf8twlc.jpg

KIMG0382_zps8a50xkiq.jpg

I left extra material on the inner baffle so the T nuts will have as much area as possible to bit into. I can always flush trim it but the subs fit fine with no obstructions.

Added some bracing and started to prime the inside while the top is still off

KIMG0383_zpsjzlhivk9.jpg

Now this is the only thing about the box that Im pissed about. Port is blocked by about an inch, after flush trimming the port top with 2 baffles the angle added up and tapered the port

Do you guys think it will compromise sound in any way? I really dont think it will but who knows.

KIMG0384_zpsk58chohj.jpg

Ran out of primer:

KIMG0385_zpsj7jvoskq.jpg

Primed the top too!

KIMG0387_zpsnnrtm6yg.jpg

Almost ready to paint the port!

KIMG0389_zpsuoxgimia.jpg

Now I need your guys input here. How should I finish the outside?

Im not going to just slap some rustoleum on it to paint it black, thats too boring and ive done it the last 2 boxes.

I have some ebony stain that looks OK but there isnt enough grain visible to show it off really.

Ive never carpeted a box yet and I think this may be the time to!

Also what color for the port? Black? I feel that will match whatever is on the exterior way better than a grey. I was thinking red to color match the car but thats too gawdy.

(subs are just resting there, the cutout is so precise I have to pressure fit them in and yes the right one is crooked, just an idea of how much will be visible.)

KIMG0390_zpscsnzcslo.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1