1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

• 2 weeks later...

alright so been super busy with finals and all and of course that was the only time i had the chance to cut my wood for the new box. so running on maybe 3 hours of sleep over the last 2 days i finally got started working on my new box! this box is gonna take a bit to build as i have to do it when i have the time, tools, and money to do it. im hoping to have it done by middle of next semester but we'll see.

here's the final design i settled with. 25% tapering t-line tuned to 27Hz. we'll see how she performs in the end lol im hoping it does amazing.

coloredbox_zps6e548953.jpg

now this is a saw! cutting full 4/3" mdf sheet with one hand!

WP_20140404_001_zps49ae57f0.jpg

and again i was running off like no sleep here so i didn't take tons of pics. but after about 3 hours of cutting and what not this is what we ended up with

WP_20140404_005_zpscc23680b.jpg

and then taking all the pieces home

WP_20140404_006_zps21fb3940.jpg

and for kicks and giggles i did a really unplanned quick and messy tutorial video on how to do kerfing in case any of you guys are thinking of trying it on your next box. you should! it's great to do!

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

the next steps in the processes is going to be cutting and gluing all the walls together. and then i gotta start the fiberglass work on the bends and then bondo...paint....ect. it'll be a lot of work but im hoping for good results!

let me know what you guys think!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

It looks sick!!!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

thanks guys! and idk if i'd say quick lol i've had the plan to build a t-line for my 15 even before sundown announced the x series subs. and here or there over the last like 4 months i've been playing around with different box designs. and then for the last month i've had this specific design thrown up in sketch up. and then only a few days ago i was actually able to cut the wood i bought like a month and a half ago lol maybe i've been taking things too slow.

anyways went out and was finally able to get some after deadening videos so hopefully here soon i'll be making a before and after deadening comparison video for everyone!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I actually laughed out loud at that piñata video. Funny stuff

New box design looks sick! And... HUGE. You sure that's going to fit? :peepwall:

Just busting your chops :) It looks great so far. I'm scared of kerfing but you seem to have it down pat

I actually laughed out loud at that piñata video. Funny stuff

New box design looks sick! And... HUGE. You sure that's going to fit? :peepwall:

Just busting your chops :) It looks great so far. I'm scared of kerfing but you seem to have it down pat

lol thank man! and actually.....i think it's smaller then my ported box right now O.o why are all my boxes just ridiculously huge? and you could totally do kerfing, there isn't much too it. just need an easy way to make all the straight cuts. the first time i did i i used a radial arm saw. this time i used a table saw with one of those sliding things to keep it strait (no the fence but the thing that goes in the tracks)

When can I hear this?!

lol the t-line? hoping to have it done in the next month or two. so hopefully when i come back from school in july!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived