Lower Drinking Age to 18 edited first post to state my argument

have you researched why the age was made 21 over 18? maybe some stats on issues while 18 was legal vs 21 being legal? wrecks involving alcho. might be lower at 21 than 18 maybe?

I did some research and even in 1970 drinking age was under 21 in most states. That's only 30 years ago, it changed bc it helped with DUI and drinking related crimes/violations. I think the problem isnt solved by moving the age limit up. It's solved by education and at 18 teens should start their education

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Are you guys saying that we underage people don't already drink? It wouldn't change anything, we're still gonna drink whether it's legal or illegal. Although I do agree, there's just some of us that shouldn't be able to drink, but some, I feel myself being one, can handle it and the responsibility that goes along with it.....besides, it's not like 21 is that big of a change from 18. Responsibility and age don't exactly go hand-in-hand with some people.

no you idiot. we know that people drink underage. we have all done it in th epast im sure. Its just much more difficult to do so if the legal drinking age stays the same. You know how I know you're immature and are one that shouldnt be allowed to drink? you think you are better than other teenagers and you dont think that there is a big change in a person from 18 to 21.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no I don't need some retarded bad kid driver to slam into my car and possibly killing me while they're now on the road because it's legal to drink at 18

terrible idea because kids will drink it more and then be even more retarded

implying an adult drunk driver wouldn't do the same thing...

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I think you can argue that it should be lowered because a lot of teens, at least in my area, do things just to be "cool". So lowering the drinking age making it more legal for some HS kids might take that cool factor away.

I did this debate in a class a while back, I'll see if I can find my paperwork

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I think you can argue that it should be lowered because a lot of teens, at least in my area, do things just to be "cool". So lowering the drinking age making it more legal for some HS kids might take that cool factor away.

I did this debate in a class a while back, I'll see if I can find my paperwork

Thanks bro it would help alot.

I have some solid arguments and some solid solutions to problems regarding maturity and drunk driving.

Btw I think the drunk driving laws currently are way to easy. If your drunk driving thats like intent to kill. You're loaded up with alcohol in a big ass steel vehicle. You can run over anything kill others or kill your self. And you only get a 10 grand fine or no jail time for a first offense. Then for a 3rd offense you get only a 3 year license suspension. If you're caught with a DUI the third time you should never drive again.

Scion tC SQ Build

Are you guys saying that we underage people don't already drink? It wouldn't change anything, we're still gonna drink whether it's legal or illegal. Although I do agree, there's just some of us that shouldn't be able to drink, but some, I feel myself being one, can handle it and the responsibility that goes along with it.....besides, it's not like 21 is that big of a change from 18. Responsibility and age don't exactly go hand-in-hand with some people.

no you idiot. we know that people drink underage. we have all done it in th epast im sure. Its just much more difficult to do so if the legal drinking age stays the same. You know how I know you're immature and are one that shouldnt be allowed to drink? you think you are better than other teenagers and you dont think that there is a big change in a person from 18 to 21.

There isn't, what changes a person between 18 and 21? Unless they experience something life changing, not a god damn thing is all that different. My ex's mom drinks a good 1/5th a day and can't take the time to tend to her epileptic daughter, does her age make her a responsible adult or parent? Fuck no it doesn't. Because she feels she has the right to her drinks over everything fucking else. And don't tell me my maturity level, you don't know a god damn thing about me. Maturity doesn't always come from age.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

there is far more that happens when you get a dui.

insurnace goes up

legal fees

possible jail time

possible loss of job

its not uncommon for a dui to cost someone 30 grand plus. how many people can afford a 30k windfall on top of thier normal lives.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

There isn't, what changes a person between 18 and 21? Unless they experience something life changing, not a god damn thing is all that different. My ex's mom drinks a good 1/5th a day and can't take the time to tend to her epileptic daughter, does her age make her a responsible adult or parent? Fuck no it doesn't. Because she feels she has the right to her drinks over everything fucking else. And don't tell me my maturity level, you don't know a god damn thing about me. Maturity doesn't always come from age.

you're right. You cant tell a thing abotu a person by the why they type. Did using the word fuck make you feel cool?

let me know if you would really like me to take the time out to address what changes in a person for you. Or maybe you'll just experience it and look back and say fuck(god i feel like a bad ass) there was a lot that changed. one day you'll realize you didnt know a thing about life at 18 regardless of whta you think you know now. Dont worry it might take a while but it will hit you in the face one day.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Please don't lock this thread lol, I'm honestly getting some good info. Keep it cool guys, I'm debating in class not trying to start a war :)

Btw I would agree with Nate and Tyler on that age usually does define maturity, but yes maturity comes from experience as well.

Scion tC SQ Build

There really is a big change in those few years, unless you're a screw up. The way I think and handle everything is completely different. It's funny looking back at things I did and realizing what a dumbass I was.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived