ewilliams5430 Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 So I was putting in a new amp today for my door speakers. Of course I disconnected the negative battery terminal before I started and when I finished everything I went to put the terminal back on there was A LOT of sparks. So many that the terminal even got melted a little. I disconnected the 0 gauge power wire that is connected to my battery and put the terminal back and no sparks? (The 0 gauge is fused within 12" of battery and is ran to a distro block in back. Wires coming from output of distro are fused within 12") Can someone tell me what is wrong?
SnowDrifter Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 A small spark is normal. But massive sparks... Check all your wiring ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
ewilliams5430 Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 I know small ones are normal but what exactly should I check?
ChevyBoy95 Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 what color were the sparks? and sparks on connection are normal because soon as you connect the ground, the caps are pulling juice, whether it be in the HU, Amps, car electronics, etc. Last time i had major sparks that melting the bolt a little i had a short that blew all the inline fuses in my truck but thankfully didnt hurt anything else. BIG BLUE AND WHITE SPARKS. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
CleanSierra Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 That happens when you wore positive to negative or vice versa. Small sparks always happen a little. Just sack up and get the terminal tightened down quickly enough to where it stops sparking. I have a side post battery so I can't see the threads where the bolt goes into and it always gives a spark or two before I finds the hole Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
ewilliams5430 Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 the sparks were white i believe. and i tried to man up lol and push it on really quick but i couldnt get it on. the brass terminal adapters for my xs batt are even black on the top from the sparks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.