If you're going unnatural aspiration in a Chevelle, I'd go with a supercharger any day. Personally, I think turbochargers belong in little 4 bangers and imports.

But if you want something a little more basic than a supercharger, I'd just go with a cold air intake and some nice headers and exhaust. It'll gain you probably 20-30 horsepower, along with a little increase in fuel economy.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

"Take half of it and buy your mom something nice"... lol. Even after knowing all that... the fact that she's willing to help you out by LOANING you some, would honestly just blow her mind and 99% guarentee make her cry and be super proud of you. I mean 18 yrs old, took 2 grand, and spent 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of it on her? Hell, I'm struggling to pay bills as my mom knows and I got her a gift. Sure, was only $30 and for her bday, not just randomness but still... when she gets it, I think she'll cry and all that jazz.

But if you want to keep it for you, I'd just ask her for like $500, no loan, and save it. But that's me.

Maybe I should mention that I bought her motorcycle for her? I got her a 2011 Harley Davidson Sporstser 833XL for her 52nd birthday her old boyfriend who owns a motorcycle shop helped me get a great discount and everything and kept it on the hush hush.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

If you're going unnatural aspiration in a Chevelle, I'd go with a supercharger any day. Personally, I think turbochargers belong in little 4 bangers and imports.

But if you want something a little more basic than a supercharger, I'd just go with a cold air intake and some nice headers and exhaust. It'll gain you probably 20-30 horsepower, along with a little increase in fuel economy.

Thank you, finally a great answer! and yes I was looking at turbos for it bus all the piping and welding that I would have to get done seems like too much hassle in case I ever want to swap engines. A super would be nice but only if it made a really nice difference.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

getting a supercharger or any power adder is not going to help much if you have stock heads and cam.. you need to get bigger ports to get more air in the engine.. if you want to save get your stock heads port and polished and get a good cam. if you live in a cold state do not buy an air gap intake as it will not do a thing for you. get like the edelbrock performer rpm and gasket match the ports and match the heads to the gaskets as well. an engine dont need power adder get the performance out of it.. i seen a 454's make 700 horses on just a good head work matching port intake and a good cam. the trick is getting air in and out of the engine and you are set

by the way you cant just cram a supercharger on a engine.. you need to calculate many things like timing, compression, piston and crank. even if you have forged pistons and crank and good I beams you need to find out the compression on the engine. power adder tend to boost compression making it go lean and next thing you hear is BOOM!!! and a see a piston coming out of your tail pipes. so look into compression and what boost you will be setting it at. if your compression goes a bit high pump gas wont be an option for you

by the way you cant just cram a supercharger on a engine.. you need to calculate many things like timing, compression, piston and crank. even if you have forged pistons and crank and good I beams you need to find out the compression on the engine. power adder tend to boost compression making it go lean and next thing you hear is BOOM!!! and a see a piston coming out of your tail pipes. so look into compression and what boost you will be setting it at. if your compression goes a bit high pump gas wont be an option for you

Dont worry I dont plan on just throwing it all on there hahaha I have a guy who works at a tuning shop and he said if I ever do anything big to bring it to him and his team will get it all done for me, they do alot of drag supercars and shit like that. He has the sickest looking 65 Corvette I've ever seen, so I know his work is legit.

I missed Alan.

"Take half of it and buy your mom something nice"... lol. Even after knowing all that... the fact that she's willing to help you out by LOANING you some, would honestly just blow her mind and 99% guarentee make her cry and be super proud of you. I mean 18 yrs old, took 2 grand, and spent 1/4 or 1/2 or whatever of it on her? Hell, I'm struggling to pay bills as my mom knows and I got her a gift. Sure, was only $30 and for her bday, not just randomness but still... when she gets it, I think she'll cry and all that jazz.

But if you want to keep it for you, I'd just ask her for like $500, no loan, and save it. But that's me.

Maybe I should mention that I bought her motorcycle for her? I got her a 2011 Harley Davidson Sporstser 833XL for her 52nd birthday her old boyfriend who owns a motorcycle shop helped me get a great discount and everything and kept it on the hush hush.

Lmfao. Alright then. I will kindly stfu about this topic. I would give car advice like do this or that... but... Chevelle? Me? Don't mix, match, or anything as Idk shit about em as far as upgrades or whatnot.

Sheena = pedobear

Dont worry I dont plan on just throwing it all on there hahaha I have a guy who works at a tuning shop and he said if I ever do anything big to bring it to him and his team will get it all done for me, they do alot of drag supercars and shit like that. He has the sickest looking 65 Corvette I've ever seen, so I know his work is legit.

$2000 wont even get you a supercharger more then likely that will be gone just in labor if your not doing it on your own.. you can easily get 500 hp on just head work a good cam and a intake. intake $300 head work $300 cam and lifter set $175 carburetor $500. having a mechanic take it apart and back on about $500. a machine shop ruffly $1000 since they pay rent, prices tend to be higher

Archived