Second Skin Audio

Just now getting into Audio

disprovable

Everyone is going to throw their favorite subs at you. Go with a DC Level 3 or Sundown SD series, or SSA Dcon Series, etc, there's a lot. For amps, well, Maxxsonics makes some good-ish budget amps for the power they put out. Also, learn to build boxes, because prefab boxes are garbage, or have someone or a shop build one for you if you really can't do it.

I didnt mention my "favorite"... not by a long shot,.... at all........ i was answering the OPs post......

as should everyone else

@Alpine...

fi ssd's...

great call bro

I wasn't directing it towards you, I didn't see your post till after I posted it. But most time people are slightly biased to the brand they run and I just wanted to point that out to him. Sorry dude!

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Everyone is going to throw their favorite subs at you. Go with a DC Level 3 or Sundown SD series, or SSA Dcon Series, etc, there's a lot. For amps, well, Maxxsonics makes some good-ish budget amps for the power they put out. Also, learn to build boxes, because prefab boxes are garbage, or have someone or a shop build one for you if you really can't do it.

I didnt mention my "favorite"... not by a long shot,.... at all........ i was answering the OPs post......

as should everyone else

@Alpine...

fi ssd's...

great call bro

I wasn't directing it towards you, I didn't see your post till after I posted it. But most time people are slightly biased to the brand they run and I just wanted to point that out to him. Sorry dude!

No worries,.. i know how it can be,......

and i didnt want to be lumped into that....

Not even a problem my friend... :good:

he only has 750 people!

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

750 should be no biggy for a Fi SSD. Which is I think the most expensive thing I've seen posted. It'll be fine.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

just to clarify, the 750 is for a subwoofer(s), an amp for them, and a box for them?

Thats what i thought... i thought we were giving SUBWOOFER recommendations for 7 bills....

and only amp toss arounds....

maybe i miss-understood...

it happens...

daily

edit - either way,.. i would be all over the FS section....

TWO sundown e-12's and BRZ1200. Get audiotechnix OFC 4gauge. Solder the ends and get a fuse holder from them. Get enough wire and ends to do the big 3. Have someone on here design you a box and maybe if your lucky you can get a generic slot port 2-12 box design for free. Find someone local to build it or build it yourself. If you need someone ot build it go to the local college with a construction tech department and talk to the students in there and im sure you can find someone to do it for 40-50$ if you supply materials.

E-12s for 2 shipped on dbr are 220$ BRz1200 is 150 so 370 for subs and amp like 50$ in wiring and 10-15 in terminal ends. so 435 - plus 40$ mdf 10$ for glue and screws puts you at 485$.....Use the leftover for a hc600 battery 60$

545$ for everything above and then use th erest for some good coaxials or cheaper components and you got everything to get going on a budget.

This is just a opinion and can be done for cheaper or more depending on brand selection.

Oh and 2-e12's on 1000watts or so will be pretty damn good for a budget setup.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

For some cheap OFC power/grounds, I suggest either 4 gauge or 1/0 gauge Radaflex welding cable. Cheapest I've found and it's the real deal. As for RCA's, idk, maybe someone else can chime in. You'll need wire ring terminals as well.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Archived