Second Skin Audio

Just now getting into Audio

disprovable

I'm looking to get into car audio, and was wondering if anyone would suggest some "starter" subwoofers as i guess you can say?

Also, any amp recommendations, wiring, and anything else needed. I'm not wanting anything all out, just nice good bass.

Also, I have a budget of anywhere from 500 - 750. Thanks. :D

EDIT: I wasn't clear enough sorry. Someone pointed it out farther down, but the budget is for a sub, an amp, and box. x]

KICKER cvrs =)

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

Everyone is going to throw their favorite subs at you. Go with a DC Level 3 or Sundown SD series, or SSA Dcon Series, etc, there's a lot. For amps, well, Maxxsonics makes some good-ish budget amps for the power they put out. Also, learn to build boxes, because prefab boxes are garbage, or have someone or a shop build one for you if you really can't do it.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Everyone is going to throw their favorite subs at you. Go with a DC Level 3 or Sundown SD series, or SSA Dcon Series, etc, there's a lot. For amps, well, Maxxsonics makes some good-ish budget amps for the power they put out. Also, learn to build boxes, because prefab boxes are garbage, or have someone or a shop build one for you if you really can't do it.

I didnt mention my "favorite"... not by a long shot,.... at all........ i was answering the OPs post......

as should everyone else

@Alpine...

fi ssd's...

great call bro

Single SA12 off 800rms or so is what I used and it's a great beginner setup for my hatchback. For wiring I'd recommend Cadence if you're really tight on the budget, if not then Knu Konceptz which is just a little bit more and has more wire then rubber coating. I'd say Cadence 0 gauge power wire is true to gauge as Knu is a bit more then true which is always better.

For the monoblock, I use the Audioque 750 which runs the SA12 very well. Most people here say the SA12 can take 1000 rms on clean power as long as you know what you're doing. You can grab the Audioque 1200 used on forums for around $200 so I'd look into that and just set your gains accordingly.

I personally would never buy DC products because they don't list their prices. I have a feeling they like to play around with the price and give different prices for different people on message boards who are more active, knowledgeable, known, then others. But that's just me and don't see any other reason to keep prices hidden. Also after watching this.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Archived