Opinions/Personal experience with certain cars

As of right now I have a 02 4runner Limited. Tonight I went with my dad to pick up my brother's f250 at a car lot and I was looking at a 09-12 honda civic si and some 09-12 eclipses. I like to go snowboarding and the beach and stuff. My 4runner gets pretty bad gas mileage right now, over sized tires and about to put a lift on it which will make gas even worse. After my dad saw me looking at the other cars he told me that if I want to I can trade or sell my 4runner and all the extra parts I have for it 2 sets of extra wheels, the lift kit, and some other random parts laying around and buy one of the other two. I was just wondering what some of you guys thought about these cars like how they perform, how they do in snow, holding capacity and just all around usage. Especially if you have or have had one of them. Thanks any knowledge will help

I know I'm not supposed to bump my own thread more than once a day but I keep thinking of stuff I need to add to this topic. I probably have like a month or two to be able to decide before these cars are sold so I need to try and get as many responses as possible. And I miss labeled the topic if someone can tell me how to fix this please tell me

From what I've seen. Hondas are tanks. Last forever but when they eventually do have issues they are expensive because of their name. Never have dealth with an eclipse

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Personally, no. But have had a friend who owned one (think he still does to this day) and told me he loves it. No one knew how he fit in it, with him being like 6'3 or something and that car seems so small. But he said it's actually quite roomy. If you were to do car audio in it, not sure you'd have much luck with it as I'm not sure it has tons of room.

I was torn between a lancer and eclipse, as they are pretty similar in the features such as handling and such and I got the lancer. Sure, not as many horses or whatnot, but a bit roomier. Think the mitsu lineup is pretty easy to modify and not look tacky as hell. I mean how many honda's do we see that are pure ghetto? I realize it's because of the owners but the owners do the cheap route and make their cars ghetto fab. Mitsubishi... rare to find one that looks as bad as the Honda's rollin down the street.

I got my car 3 years ago this month, I've only had 1 problem and that's due to me. I got new rims on it (2 weeks ago I think) and the place didn't do the tire pressure system right. Somehow fucked it up or whatnot. So gotta go back and complain, have em fix it, but otherwise... 39,400 miles on in 3 years? Driven across the country multiple times, no problems. Again, not an eclipse, but considering they're ROUGHLY similar in specs, throwing my personal 2 cents in there.

I believe the hardest/easiest mod to Mitsubishi cars (you seem to be into modding so throwing this out there) is the HID's. They don't come with HID's but I went to a place and they had some trouble with it, but only took them extra time. Wasn't like they had to go order parts or anything special, just little complicated due to spacing and such. (Yeah, if the eclipse has it's alternator where the lancer is and you ever have to replace it? GOOD LUCK!!!!) But are easy to mod and look good.

Not sure what else to say... pretty good gas mileage (I get 26-30 mpg in city, but drive at night where there's very little traffic and usually hit all green lights). Have owned 3 now. First one I totalled (an '08), second one had an acceleration problem ('07) so traded it in for this one ('10). For my personal use, it's quite roomy as never had problems fitting stuff in it, but I don't go around trying to fit couches or shit in it either. Does suck not having a trunk (or vast majority of a trunk) due to my sub box but if it doesn't fit in the trunk, it fits in the back seat.

For the final time, I know it's not an eclipse. It's a lancer. But... same manufacturer, roughly the same specs. It's not like comparing a dodge challenger to a prius or anything.

Sheena = pedobear

We have a '10 civic coupe (not the si) and it's pretty nice and roomy, especially in the trunk. We haven't had it for too long but so far it's been issue free but we have a warranty on it so it's no big deal. As for winter driving, that all depends on the driver. Some people can't even handle a FWD car in the snow while others can maneuver a RWD car through snow fairly easily, along with having some fun doing it. And the mileage is mid 20's city and low 30's highway I believe, I rarely drive it so I can't comment accurately on mpg.

Thanks everyone who commented so far. As of right now I think I am going to go with the eclipse but I might change my mind. And I know this is an audio site but I don't even know if I am going to put a system in this new car if I do it will just be a cheap little 8, just enough to give a little bass

Archived