I Uninstalled Service Pack 2 And Now I Have Problems!

Well, yesterday I went into add/remove programs and removed Service Pack 2. After it was removed, I rebooted my computer. There were a lot of random errors when I booted up. I even loss my internet connection. I'm assuming it's because when I uninstalled service pack 2, it removed all of my drivers or something? I know it messed up my Evga 8800 640 MB video card. I need to find a download somewhere for the drivers install because I've loss my cd.

Anyways, onto more problems...

I had a 500 GB maxtor harddrive as my F drive on there and now it doesn't seem to be detecting it. What's going on? It asks me if I want to format it when I click on it...

My C drive (Raptor HD) is fine though.

Did I lose all of my files on the 500 GB drive?

Also, because I cannot connect onto the internet, I tried downloading SP2 onto my usb drive and when I tried to install it, it kept getting stuck at the step where it's checking to see if I have enough space on the drive.

Another problem...

I tried to put in my AT&T cd that is suppose to install drivers so that I can have my internet connected and I kept getting an error during the "system requirement check". It crashes and gives me some workshop.exe error.

Oh my goodness what should I do?

The bottom line is, did I lose my files on the 500 gb drive?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

You're running two seperate hdd's? I doubt you lost any of your files, uninstallation of sp2 shouldn't do such a thing unless by some odd coincidence your hard drive died which I highly doubt happened. Have you tried restoring your pc to like a few days before you did the uninstallation? If that doesn't work I would back up and reformat. May I ask why you deleted service pack 2?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Run a chkdsk on both your drives. Not sure on the commands though....

Here's a link to MS though about the chkdsk commands. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I had a bunch of proxies on a certain port that I wanted to use, so I tried to uninstall sp2 so that I can use sp1 for a few weeks to do some of my own stuff.

So, I have to reformat my C drive huh?

I guess I'll need to buy an external hd so I can back up them files.

I still don't understand why my system doesn't detect my 500 GB drive. Is there a way I can make sure their are still files on there?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

hook it up to another PC is only way i can think of

Blah. I have 2 computers and both screwed up when I uninstalled Service Pack 2. :(

The older one doesn't get pass the windows xp loading screen unless I run it in safe mode.