Ho Alt Noise At Idle

Just installed mine and while im at idle it makes sort of a high pitched/humming noise. Its not Very loud, but noticeable from inside. Its only at idle you can hear it, when reving or driving it goes away. I was just wondering if These usually are louder than stock alts or If I just have a problem somewhere. Thanks.

there should be no noticable noise from a ho to a factory alt, it could be the stator rubbing somewhere, or even the needle bearings in the back of the alt has damaged ,... but no there should not be that noise

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

at first I wasnt gonna say shit but I changed my mind. no I have never heard any noise coming from my 2 H.O. alts. and check to see if your belt is all the way on. IIRC this is a newer vehicle which would mean it has a tensioner on it and you dont "tighten" the belt.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Hmm.. Yeah its an 01 and does have a tensioner. Im 99% sure its comming from the alt. Its fine while driving or anything over 1000 rpm, but as soon as it goes below that I can hear the noise. Maybe tomorrow Ill go out and check the belt just to make sure. Could it have anything to do with the size of the pully that came with it and I should change to my stock one?

nope, you may want to double check the tensioner, when they are on the way out they can make noises or just have the wheel fall off... that might be the problem if its close to the alt and youre just thinking its the alt since its new

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

nope, you may want to double check the tensioner, when they are on the way out they can make noises or just have the wheel fall off... that might be the problem if its close to the alt and youre just thinking its the alt since its new

Tensioner is actually right under the alt. Never thought about that. Ill check it out tomorrow also. Thanks for the replys. I hope its that damn tensioner

if it is its not that hard to replace might cost a little , est. 30-60 dollars and about 45 minutes time to exchange it out