Second Skin Audio

What subwoofer(s) for $300

DubNDodge

I am planning on upgrading and figured out my costs on everything and have $300ish for subs. I want to get loud. Ive seen 1 15 louder than 2 12s and vise versa. So it doesn't matter to me if they are 2 12's or 1 15. Brand isn't really a factor either, I just want a quality sub(s). The build will be sealed off trunk.. H15 x W39 x D32 are max dimensions. I have a 1200w @ 2ohm amp. Just wanted to hear some opinions on what some people would do. Looked at AQ, SA, Skar, Obsidian, DAD, and others. Used subwoofers are a possibility too, would prefer new though. Open for ideas :D

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Is this going in an 01 stratus?

If so, you may be able to do 2) 15s but that is the limit. 2) 12s may do a bit better in a trunk like that.

Either way, the DAD KMHs are nice and a pair can be had for under $300 with the sale at showtimecaraudio right now.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Is your amp only 2 ohm stable?

Because there's 2 pairs of sa12's for under 300 in the for sale section but they're both dual 4's.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Is this going in an 01 stratus?

If so, you may be able to do 2) 15s but that is the limit. 2) 12s may do a bit better in a trunk like that.

Either way, the DAD KMHs are nice and a pair can be had for under $300 with the sale at showtimecaraudio right now.

Ha, never actually considered 2 15's lol. Ill look into that deal here in a bit

Is your amp only 2 ohm stable?

Because there's 2 pairs of sa12's for under 300 in the for sale section but they're both dual 4's.

Yeah it's an eclipse za1200 stable down to 2 ohm. It says it puts out 1k @ 4 ohm. Not sure if that is true. It has 4x40a fuses. But dang, wish they were d2.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived