Putting the amp on the rear deck is just inviting people to break into your car if you ask me.

i think if they want it bad enough theyll get it anyway whether its in the trunk or on the front seat. thats just me though i guess

The point is it's not hidden. You turn it into an opportunity crime by having it out in the open where anyone walking by can see it.

its really no different than all of us advertising car audio on our vehicles, thats an open invitation to crooks as well

Nice name guy... Also for cobalt audio shit you should talk to emp. He has two mayhems and the first dual alt setup in a Cobalt.

hey whats his username?

EmperorJJ1 I believe, he is also on Css.net and is always lurking in the audio section.

Here is one of his threads.

Here is a pic of his setup:

10934_208787046292_513361292_4466942_1736885_n_236235.jpg

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

L7 15s dont need 4cubes. My dad called the kicker tech line and asked if his would sound good in around 2 cubes and they said it will slam and it does. They are expensive their are better put there but theres just a wow factor in having a solo. Nothing sounds the same as they do. Not huggin kickers not just puttin it out there. Solos are made for small enclosures thats probly part of the problem people have with them is that they make the box to big

so there's no wow factor in beefy ass neo FI subs, or DC, incriminator, DD, AB, etc? you're right nothing sounds the same as they do, all the others sound much better. :popcorn:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

and i respect that, were all entitled to our opinions but ill get it all in there and she'll get loud. And all the companies i would be interested in(dc, sundown, psi, aa,etc...) are all way too far out of my price range.

sundown makes a 600rms woofer for like $200. have you even contacted the companies for pricing?

you seriously can get MUCH louder and sound better without those terrible woofers. when i had a single level 3 on like 800w, it was louder than tons of other mainstream systems i've heard that had more cone area and "more" power.

if you blow a kicker woofer, you CANNOT recone it. rendering it a kind-of expensive paper weight. my dc's are able to be reconed every day if i felt like it.

heres a deal you'll like. 12" audioque hdc3. handles roughly 2000rms. $250 free shipping directly from the warehouse.

http://www.audioque....oofer_p_23.html coupon: freefall

coupon works on any audioque product.

L7 15s dont need 4cubes. My dad called the kicker tech line and asked if his would sound good in around 2 cubes and they said it will slam and it does. They are expensive their are better put there but theres just a wow factor in having a solo. Nothing sounds the same as they do. Not huggin kickers not just puttin it out there. Solos are made for small enclosures thats probly part of the problem people have with them is that they make the box to big

yes, and alpines "tech" people say that the type r 12 works best in a 1 cubic foot enclosure with 9sqin of port. yes, that DEFINITELY works well.

in my opinion, the "tech" guys dont know shit. they didn't design the woofer. all they do is read what has been typed into their computer and blindly tell it to the customer like a robot.

its been proven time and time again that l7/cvr/whatever, LOVE big ported boxes. except from the solo classic which is solely made for small boxes.

Psi recones cvxs. Probly not solos though. Nd cvrs are damn good for under $100. Iv beaten mine like red headed step children for a year and have yet to have any issues. Not saying kicker is the best but some of their entry level subs are real good for the money. Even Meade says he likes cvrs for the money. Yes their is better out there but their not trash. I personaly wouldnt run solos. Hell the only reason i got my cvrs is cause i was on a budget. Id rather have my pioneers

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

CVR is alright, for the $60 I paid for it, it does ok, shakes shit, and gets pretty loud, pulled off a 135 with my mine in a daily box, crappy "600" watt mb quart amp in a trunk car , and without any preperation to be loud whatsoever, but it sounds like crap to me, and I'd pick an SA-12 over a CVX12 or L7 12 anyday in either sound quality or power handling while still remaining in the same price range.

Psi can recone the solo, the solo will just be round instead of square.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah, when it comes to Kicker, solo is a broad term, there's Solobaric L3/5/7, Solo X, and Solobaric Classic

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived