Confirm this box design (2 hdc3 12's) *changed subs*

DubNDodge

So here's the latest design. Hopefully it can be approved :D

torres212v4.gif

212centportv4.gif

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

AQ specs say 80 square inches of port at that net volume, a rather big box for a trunk, the DC Audio 12s can work in 1.5 cubes per sub. many other brands fit in smaller boxes.

It's going to be forward firing sealed off from trunk. I know its needs 80 but dang.... Thats like 38-9ish hz. I love the lows, that's why I wanted to keep it around 32hz. Kranny made a good point that they have a stiff suspension and like big port areas. I'm assuming if I tune much higher I will loose all my lows, which would defeat the purpose of building this box. I understand too that if I tune to low I'll loose upper frequencies. Nothings going to get built yet. But I'd say once I piece everything together it should be within 1-2months.

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

If by any chance you haven't seen this before, you can tune lower a center ported box doing the following:

Tportallacross.jpg

Also you can set your port area to whatever you want as long as everything fits on the baffle.

once again you prove how you aren't good at box designs.

why the FUCK would you tell someone that they can make the port area whatever they want? WHAT?! im sorry, but are you an idiot?

If by any chance you haven't seen this before, you can tune lower a center ported box doing the following:

Tportallacross.jpg

Also you can set your port area to whatever you want as long as everything fits on the baffle.

why the FUCK would you tell someone that they can make the port area whatever they want? WHAT?! im sorry, but are you an idiot?

Because I should move the fucking port ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah so I kind figured it out on my own that the box would be choking out the subs... So sadly I am going to have to go with 2 12s" Here are some of my designs below. They will be flush mounted.

212centportfrontv.png

I like the way the center port looks.

212centportrearv.png

I was also wonder would it harm or benefit putting mdf 3/4" rings right behind where the subs would be mounting, so it would have more support. Is there any need to put 45's anywhere?

212sideport.png

This is the side port, incase the center port isn't a good design.

Torres212.png

Torres for the box

Where did you find this sub box calculator at?

-playing with different setups

Tportallacross.jpg

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Now new plans. Just going to put 2 HDC3 12's in, instead of putting in sdc2.5s then upgrading later. Anyways these will be on 1k for now, then I will be putting them on 3k later.

I was wondering if this box would be choking out the subs at all, they just seem to close to the side wall and port, but I have not experience with building boxes. Would this be a decent box for running them on 1k / 3k rms?

212centportv5.gif

torres212v5.gif

Archived