Second Skin Audio

Confirm this box design (2 hdc3 12's) *changed subs*

DubNDodge

This box will be forward facing sealed off from the trunk. I am not sure if: the volume is large enough, if there is enough bracing, where the port should go (center looks nice), if subs are getting choked out.

2 SDC2.5 D4 12's on 1000w.

Any advice or criticism is welcome :) Thanks

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Another thought, would the box be better off with 2 12s? I would love to fit 15's but if not 12's will suffice.

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Yeah so I kind figured it out on my own that the box would be choking out the subs... So sadly I am going to have to go with 2 12s" Here are some of my designs below. They will be flush mounted.

212centportfrontv.png

I like the way the center port looks.

212centportrearv.png

I was also wonder would it harm or benefit putting mdf 3/4" rings right behind where the subs would be mounting, so it would have more support. Is there any need to put 45's anywhere?

212sideport.png

This is the side port, incase the center port isn't a good design.

Torres212.png

Torres for the box

that box needs more port for 2 12's.. try shrinking the box down some and adding more port if thats as big as you can go.. and those mdf rings are far from needed and wouldnt do much really

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

that box needs more port for 2 12's.. try shrinking the box down some and adding more port if thats as big as you can go.. and those mdf rings are far from needed and wouldnt do much really

Ok wasn't sure if only a single layer of mdf would be sturdy enough. And if I make the port bigger and shrink the box that would make the tuning come up quite a bit wouldn't it? What should it be tuned at?

I have completely scratched the two 15s.

What should the tuning be for 2 12"s. I am having a hard time figuring out box volume vs tuning. My max dimensions are 15.5H x 39W x 30D. I figured I should tune around 32hz so I can play low. (I love the lows) But the AQ site has the tuning around 38ish and the Fs of the SDC2.5 12" is 36hz. I don't mind sketching up new dimensions, I just do not know what to look for as far port size vs volume. Thanks

D4 sdc2.5 12"s on 500w a piece (1000w @ 4 ohm) In my '01 dodge stratus sedan. It will be forward firing sealed off from trunk, thanks for comming to look

I'm too lazy to read into everything, on mobile drinking at a local boxing match :drink40:

What are your max dimensions?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived