6V Headunit + 6V Maximum Input Amplifier?

Migz

Hello,

I've got a quick question that the answer seems pretty obvious but just wanted to double check.

I have a amplifier which says that the maximum voltage input is 6V, so if i was to buy a headunit which had a 6V preout, then matching the gain on the amplifier to the headunit would just mean i leave the gain at the bottom. So lets say this headunit distorts at 50/52. Then does that mean with my gain at the bottom on the amplifier, and the headunit up to 50, would that mean no distortion at all?

I had a pioneer headunit in the past and it was the shit, so wouldn't a good quality brand like that output 6V if they say it does? And would it not be possible just to do a quick check on the outputs with a dmm to see what the output voltage is?

Yes it probs does, but who knows what the signal looks like at that stage. My rca's are 4v and i get to 3.4v before distortion (measured with a fluke)

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Yea your not going to get 6v 100% of the time, especially since your going to 50/52. The only way to know would be to check your RCA voltage at that volume.

Also sometimes for you to get the 6v max you might have to max out your sub level. Ie. Alpines. This can also cause premature distortion. Keep that in mind.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Archived