New ASUS router...... Working fine so far...

Cool... Thanks for the help/advise man...

I do have a unit, bought and paid for.,,

I'll be back on this thread in a day or 2.

Im trying to get our shit running premo, for the BLACK OPs 2 release....

Thanks all... Thank you for the support, we need it...

Sorry, havent been able to check until now. I actually like the linksys for ease of installation, I personally got a referbished netgear that broacasts both 5GHZ N and 2.6ghz and I get better signal on it than the linksys. Keep in mind that 5ghz is faster in line of sight, but has a harder time going through walls.

http://www.newegg.co...34&Tpk=WNR3500L

Good thing about that is it also has a USB, so you can hook up an external hard drive and use it for UPNP streaming for your PS3

i really like that one, minus it being a netgear.

i think ive just had too many bad experiences with clients and netgear. although for a wireless n router i keep looking at them more and more for my home use..

i got an ipad 3 and the new ipod touch.. and they are begging for wireless n for transferring data from my pc to them.

11mb/s throughput is very slow!

sheena,.. i need some help please...

i thought you were following this.. and hoping you can help..

ill pm you if no response .... thanks man

I'm of no help but figure this out man! I don't want you lagging up the game haha jk

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Well.. i dont know much about this sort of stuff. I got one i just picked out of a couple i thought would do what i want.

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

I brought it home, and it wouldnt even turn on. No lights or anything. Took it back, got another unit, and now we are rolling.

IMG_1320.jpg

We have very very quickly seen an increase in connection at distance through out the house ( wireless)

Ill hook up to the PS3's tonight, and see if there is any type of change.

I will say, that on 10 speed tests, i gained a average of 8m ps d-load, and 2 up load.

But, its a saturday, and such, and i know a shit ton comes into account. Ill test tonight, on a saturday, when every swinging dick is on.

I also sent SHEENA a PM regaurding some stuff.

But, distance HAS for sure increased through out the KYLAR pad. Her kindle runs raped ape in a area of the house now, where it did not. (yeah, you know what area)

Thanks for any and all help/input all....

Thank you..

Glad it worked out and in time as well! I just got my headset this morning. Probably gonna hook it up tonight and we are just 1 day away from killing a lot of noobs!!!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Hell yeah bro !!..

i was sweating it a lil. And thought, "fuck, why did i start changing right now, when i HAVE TO BE ABLE to connect on monday night !?!?!?" .. lol

But, its working now, and rolling. I cant say if it was worth it yet. The improved coverage is nice. But,... im looking for improvement when i game, with one, and sometimes two other people in the house. Like will happen on BLOPS II launch.

FIngers crossed....

Sorry, havent been able to check until now. I actually like the linksys for ease of installation, I personally got a referbished netgear that broacasts both 5GHZ N and 2.6ghz and I get better signal on it than the linksys. Keep in mind that 5ghz is faster in line of sight, but has a harder time going through walls.

Good thing about that is it also has a USB, so you can hook up an external hard drive and use it for UPNP streaming for your PS3

I think you mean 5.0 Ghz and 2.4Ghz :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I think you mean 5.0 Ghz and 2.4Ghz :)

Hey SKIP, did i do ok on this pick up?

I am probably not the one you want to ask BUT

It has the specs that I would want in a wireless router. I don't know about ASUS routers, but their computer stuff seems good enough so it would seem they would do OK on routers too.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived