New ASUS router...... Working fine so far...

RIght,...

I do know that ASUS is a "cheaper" brand out there. But, this was NOT cheap. Not at all. In fact, i was the same price as NETGEARs highest priced router. Soooo, i dunno what that means, but,.. it had everything, and a lil more than what i was told to look for, and buy. So, i jumped.

If it's working for you, then you should be fine. Again I am probably not the person you want to ask but it isn't like this is some new technology that there are no standards for. All you really need to worry about is if the equipment itself is good, and if it is working for you then that should be fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Cool bro......

I understand where your coming from. Thank you. Heres another details pic

IMG_1323.jpg

Im just sooooo un-knowing about this type of stuff, it feels like no control. I struggle with knowing what is cool, and whats not.

Anyway, yes, its working, how much better... meh,... ill find out later.

Thanks again all, for any and all help.

SHEENA !!... get on here, and check your pm's man!

That's the good thing about routers now is most of it you don't even have to worry about. Set your SSID and a WEP2 password and for the most part, everything else is plug and play. That typically is enough to keep unwanted visitors off your network though if someone really wanted on there isn't much you can do to stop them, short of turning wi-fi off.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

That's the good thing about routers now is most of it you don't even have to worry about. Set your SSID and a WEP2 password and for the most part, everything else is plug and play. That typically is enough to keep unwanted visitors off your network though if someone really wanted on there isn't much you can do to stop them, short of turning wi-fi off.

WEP2 doesn't exist, I think you mean WPA2. Don't use WEP anyway (Weak Encryption Protocol :P).

I have to run my network in WPA1 mode since WPA2 doesn't work with my wireless card yet under Windows 8. I'll bump it back up to WPA2 when they either update the drivers or I just go ahead and buy a new card.

The only thing that I liked about my Netgear router was the fact that it was completely secured right out of the box. All I had to do was connect to the SSID on the sticker and enter the pregenerated WPA2 key. Too bad the stupid thing kept crapping out, so I bought a Linksys e3500. Unsecured out of the box, but the setup CD generates a "random" SSID and key for it.

IMO, if your network is open, it's fair game :P. Really there should be no excuse for not using at least some form of encryption, since some routers actually nag you if you try to go online without securing it first. My e3500 would actually redirect you to the login screen, which had a warning about using it unsecured and a link at the bottom saying that you understand and would wish to continue.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Nothing wrong with that score. That's plenty good for hosting and plenty good for multiple people playing at the same time.

The only issue you'd ever have is if someone was uploading something while your gaming, and their Internet is NOT throttled. (just a useful tip)

So if someone is uploading a YouTube video, or something else while your playing. Go kick them in the cock.

But from the sounds of it, your good to go.

That's a bad ass little router, I went and got me a little 2.4ghz wireless N one for my house for the transfer speeds. Gained about 1.5mbs throughput off my iPad. So I'm happy

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived