orions telling you what you need exactly. if your planning on doing a cam and headers make sure you research for a good tuner somewhere in your area.

also i dont wuite follow what hes saying about needing a programer to transfer stuff because thats not true they will just plug their laptop into your trucks cpu and tune it that way.

so if you want to get the programer for the time being that would be fine. or you could save that money and just put it towards your headers and cam.

im getting my 99 sierra cammed and headers and a couple other mods done this winter break and i will be getting it tuned again. but i already have mine street tuned once.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing its a gas truck and not diesel since your talking bout headers and what not. But anyways a programmer on a gas motor really isn't going to do much they don't work in the same way as the diesel tuners do. I have people come in my shop all the time wanting to know why the 500$ programmer they bought isn't working. Just get all your internals and bolt ons and you will see more difference just from those than any tuner

Archived