Smelling gas in the coolant jug??? What causes this

I feel ya on that

And no not that I no of. I know there was smoke coming out of the hood once in awhile but that was bc my water pump went out. But the temp gauge was almost in the yellow but I barley drove it..like today after fixing the water pump it was perfect but all of a sudden I shut my car off and now it won't start and I smell gas in the coolant

I wouldn't trust that block sealant, will probably just cause harm to the cooling system, radiator. I was going to say to rent a block test kit from an auto store but it won't even start? Was the car ever overheating?

Not to start an argument, but it worked for me, and my father who worked on cars, trucks and semi's for 50+ years said to use it. It wont clog up the system if you use it right. And it does work.Better than pepper and eggs and that aluma-seal crap, which is what a lot of people do.

There is no quick fix to a blown head gasket other than replacing the head gasket and doing any required head/block work in the process.

Likey the head gasket blew due to the bad water pump. Do it right and you wont have to clog up your coolant system in the process.

If you have temp gauges you should be OK to drive the 4 miles, just dotn let the temp go nuts on you. Just hope it doesnt water lock on you if you since it sounds like you have a coolant to combustion chamber break in the head gasket.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

K & W Permanent Metallic™ - Block Seal Head Gasket Repar

You can get it at oreily's or napa or w/e. And if your car wont start then you may be s.o.l. Maybe pull the plugs and dry them off good and speay some wd-40 or something in the cyclinders to dry them out a bit. If you can get it started then this stuff will most likely work if you do it like the label says.

That stuff MAYBE works for a temporary fix...

Blown head gasket, most cases it will clog coolant passages plus the oil passages, thus causing even more damage.

Pull the motor, have the deck and heads checked, replace head gasket along with head overhaul etc etc...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived