WDS configuration help

Alright my fellow smd nerds (i am one so dont feel bad lol) I am having one hell of a time setting up WDS (wireless distribution service) on my home network. First of all let me start off by saying that i do know that using WDS cuts my bandwidth in half on the second router i daisy chain wirelessly to the main router and its not a concern as the second router is simply being used to connect my xerox phaser printer from the 1st floor i just took over to the router that is upstairs on the 2nd floor. So here is what i am trying to do... I have an Asus RT-N66U router on the 2nd floor and am using my previous Linksys WRT-54G router with dd-wrt firmware on the 1st floor. I have set the configuration on both different ways. First i tried to make them both use the same ssid, same channel, same encryption and password and confirmed the mac addresses added to the wds table on both routers were correct. I also disabled the DHCP on the second router and assigned the ip address of 192.168.1.2 to the second router (the first router upstairs has 192.168.1.1. Now here is the confusing part that i cannot figure out. On the linksys router i can go into status and see the full signal strength and an active connection to my router upstairs however i cannot ping anything on the router upstairs nor can i ping the upstairs router. I can only ping thing i keep connected on the dd-wrt router whether it be hard wired or wirelessly connected. I verified that there are no ip address conflicts on the network and there are no collisions taking place anywhere on my network. I can only ping between the two devices if i keep them hard wired together which is what im trying not to do. I want it so that my wrt-54g will connect to the router upstairs over wifi and become a bridge for communicating with the internet and intranet.

Please help me out!! I tried the directions off here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_multiple_router_setup as well as here http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3628576 but still cannot get any luck with this.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ive attempted exactly what you are trying to do here as well with the same results. eventually I just gave up and wired the whole building.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thats what im getting close to. Its really aggravating. I just dont have the wire that is for outdoor use, only internal. Im tempted to just use it but i dont want to run the wire, have it dry out and crack from the sun hitting it and have to re-run the wire. Its just not worth my time or money.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

get some conduit or pvc to run it in

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh good call Nate. I didnt even think about doing that. Thank you sir. You are a genius.

Archived