need help!!!! hopefully tonight! alternator problem

Looks like its external. I was able to look it up on autopartswarehouse.com. its about $50 for the part. You can probably find it at a local parts store in stock. Call around instead of driving around so you can get the best price.

GL

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

i was thinking it could be a regulator but ialways thought they were internal on all cars but i noticed when i drove it earlier it didnt do it only at an idle it was doing it when the truck was cold to kind sorted itself out when it warmed up and all my connections are good. up until yesterday it ws fine no voltage drop when the bass it or nothing thats why its confusing the shit outta me, and making me just want to just rip out my hair

okay so if anybody is reading this if they have the same problem we narrowed it down ( we as in my mechanic but will be taking it to an electrical place tomorrow) its either the regulator or the pulley ratio is off which is causing it not to put out enough amps but will keep it posted to help anyone with the same problem. also i had the main engine block ground completely fried off.

regulator is bad is my conclusion

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

ya iv been told that too, the place i bought it from they guy working in there refused to even look at it all he did was test the battery and voltage he said im not touching it my boss is gone for 3 weeks dont bring it back till he gets back. will a stock regulator fit?

okay i finally got a video of what the truck is doing. this is a cold start and then it goes away around 1500 rpm but then comes back. also when it warms up it goes faster nd higher on the gauge. and my 4 channel amp goes into protect everytime i stop then give it gas again and the odd time my sub mp will go into protect aswell. but only under acceleration after a stop or when it shifts

okay so if anybody is still reading i have yet to find the problem. the video is of the brand new regulator put in. i had the computer diagnoses and all the grounds under the hood are good aloong with the power wire. alt is still good, had it tested. but nobody can tell me the problem the only electrical place in my town wont look at it they said they dont want to. and thats the place i got the 230amp alt from. the headlights and interior lights strobe out and it goes away around 1500 rpm. also i noticed now the voltage drops when listening to music when driving (1500-2000 rpm) when it wouldnt before also the battery was tested with volt meter but not under load just at idle. i have no clue whats going on and nobody will help me

Do you have a DMM. Test the voltage at the a battery and have someone go in your jeep and see what the volt gauge is doing. It may be your gauge acting up. Do you have any other form of voltage readings other then the factory gauge ( like a stinger or dakota voltmeter )

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Archived