Going active, a few basic questions "if you will"

newls1

The picture above is how I do it as well. Simple and very effective.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

AMI, Rolex, and others.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME IN HERE! That is exactly the info i was looking for and needed. Y'all helped a ton. I have whole truck wired up (4 runs of 14ga in stock rubber front door grommets was a bitch)

Front door panels wont be back for awhile as a "red" mod here will be doing his magic touch to them just like what he did for my A-Pillars ;) So goal is xmas time or shortly after to have this all up and running. I know it will be 10-FOLD better then what it was.. Thanks every one

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Ok then ... My question is

Just hooking up 4 component sets ( no brand names or type component sets given) active on your front stage (I don't think its going to stage and image well at all)

and one component set (not sure if it really needs ran off of an amp or not) for your rears is going to work for you ??? Do you know what crossover points you are going to use ??

No listening prefferences were given and is as if you was just posting and not wanting any sugggestion from us at all ... SQ, SPL, SQL ???

I wish I had more info on your vehicle's installation design to be able to help with better suggestions ...

I asked for a vehicle description and listening preference to help you set your system up and no answer was given ...

I'm not mad or butt hurt in any way ... but you asked for help and wouldn't accept our suggestions ...

I thought that helping people with their systems is why we are here ...

My apologies for asking this ... but if you can not answer this simple question yourself ...

Bill, Roscoe........ As dumb as i am, can I just have some one do a wire schematic on how to wire up 5 comp sets to 3 4ch's?

Then why are you a SMD moderator ???

I'm positive that I will be banned after this post, but I was only trying to give out the best suggestion to help set your system up to work at its optimum potential ...

SMD is a great forum and I really enjoy posting here ... Sorry for my rant on this guys ...

Randal ...

Randal,

You as well as a few others saw the term "active" and assumed he wanted to do some all out SQ. Then also assumed that he couldn't achieve what YOU perceived he wanted in all the speakers he was using. Reading into someones threads is a quick way to cloud up someones questions with YOUR assumptions. Thus why a few people got butthurt.

Sometimes a quick and simple answer is all someone needs. Not a life lesson on what You think should be done ;) BTW, Seth's idea of sounding good is with an assload of comps. And if he smiles ear to ear every time he listens to HIS system, then he has achieved HIS SQ.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Well put ^^^^

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Ok then ... My question is

Just hooking up 4 component sets ( no brand names or type component sets given) active on your front stage (I don't think its going to stage and image well at all)

and one component set (not sure if it really needs ran off of an amp or not) for your rears is going to work for you ??? Do you know what crossover points you are going to use ??

No listening prefferences were given and is as if you was just posting and not wanting any sugggestion from us at all ... SQ, SPL, SQL ???

I wish I had more info on your vehicle's installation design to be able to help with better suggestions ...

I asked for a vehicle description and listening preference to help you set your system up and no answer was given ...

I'm not mad or butt hurt in any way ... but you asked for help and wouldn't accept our suggestions ...

I thought that helping people with their systems is why we are here ...

My apologies for asking this ... but if you can not answer this simple question yourself ...

Bill, Roscoe........ As dumb as i am, can I just have some one do a wire schematic on how to wire up 5 comp sets to 3 4ch's?

Then why are you a SMD moderator ???

I'm positive that I will be banned after this post, but I was only trying to give out the best suggestion to help set your system up to work at its optimum potential ...

SMD is a great forum and I really enjoy posting here ... Sorry for my rant on this guys ...

Randal ...

Randal,

You as well as a few others saw the term "active" and assumed he wanted to do some all out SQ. Then also assumed that he couldn't achieve what YOU perceived he wanted in all the speakers he was using. Reading into someones threads is a quick way to cloud up someones questions with YOUR assumptions. Thus why a few people got butthurt.

Sometimes a quick and simple answer is all someone needs. Not a life lesson on what You think should be done ;) BTW, Seth's idea of sounding good is with an assload of comps. And if he smiles ear to ear every time he listens to HIS system, then he has achieved HIS SQ.

:grouphug:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Eliminate the tweets from the rear stage or run the rears active.

You have 3 points in the front that should be isolated so you can tune a little (Kicks, doors, pillars).

Having the ability to adjust (at a minimum) the power going to the tweets in your kicks, doors, and pillars seperately will do a lot for your setup.

Archived