Sonic Electronix

Is 1 or 2 inches from the port to the back of the hatch enough room? & If it's not, what will happen if the port doesnt have enough space from the back hatch?

I wanna port to back because the old box was ported to the side and i lost LOTS of lower note bass with the windows down and i think porting towards back will help.. Car is an oldsmobile bravada. Two 15s tuned @32hz

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

Oh, from bottom to top.. thats 7 inches.. I have maybe 2 inches max from port to back hatch.. if thats not enough room, is that going to make me lose alot of output, or mess with the way it sounds?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

The rule of thumb is to keep it one diameter away for a round port, or the smaller of width and height for a slot port. There is a lot more that goes into than that. Port area, sub displacement (xmax and cone area), box volume, power, and frequency.

The difference between lets say 2" and 7" could be a couple tenths of a db or up to a whole db. In my vehicle, with 2 3" ports, its louder 2" away than it is 6" away. Rear firing in an Impala.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Archived