Ky Shows

banginsebring07

i wanna hear your system up close and personal. itll be the first time i get to hear Fi's.

i heard one at the last comp i went to, and didnt know it was a fi till later on when i saw a video of it from a local on this forum. i was impressed when i heard it in person tho the box was a lil sketchy lookin.

yea...u can only have 1/4 tank of gas b/c of firemarshal regulations...its because its indoors and that rules isnt really that uncommon when you have a show indoors...and ur car must be off when you do ur run, which kinda sucks, but its another safety thing and i think this is the first year u cant have ur car running. its gonna be a long slow day, and they get pretty anal about letting people giving demo's which sucks also...but if ur a basshead u will get over it.

are u aware of the fusing rules and stuff?

ah i gotcha on the gas thing. that's all good. dont want anything extreme happening. and no i'm not aware of the fusing either :( fill me in? pretty please :)

EDIT: i'm chris btw. i'll try to remember names, i'm not the best with em tho. i might have to dig this thread up closer to showtime :P

i heard one at the last comp i went to, and didnt know it was a fi till later on when i saw a video of it from a local on this forum. i was impressed when i heard it in person tho the box was a lil sketchy lookin.

ah i gotcha on the gas thing. that's all good. dont want anything extreme happening. and no i'm not aware of the fusing either :( fill me in? pretty please :)

EDIT: i'm chris btw. i'll try to remember names, i'm not the best with em tho. i might have to dig this thread up closer to showtime :P

you are probably gonna hate this...as a lot of people do, but i do believe the fusing rules are meant to keep cost down...which it does..

anyways...ur class is determined what they call a 'pressure class formula'. its you cone area + (fusing * 10)

if you have never competed before then u can compete in amature street class.

here are some of the classes

Posted Image

fusing can get kinda tricky...for example i plan on having like 8 distro blocks and 3 fusing blocks which hold a total of 12fuses. i wanna compete in S1 (which is 0-750)

so i have two 10s which = 157sq" in cone area

750-157 = 593

593/10 = 59.3...so i am limited to 59.3amps of fusing

your fuses must be placed within 18" of the amp

you have two 15s iirc...so thats 353.25sq" of cone area....

and say u compete in S3

(2000-353.25)/10= 164.675amps...that would be ur fusing limit

S4: 364.675amps for you ...that would be ur fusing limit

if you dont feel like adding any fusing before the amp then they just go off of what the internal fuses are on the amp(s) combined...which would probably automatically put u in S5....and assuming u meet the other criteria for street class

im not sure if u could burp your amps of 164amps worth of fusing...u might be able to

i would def. think u could do it off of 364amps worth of fusing...

does that all make sense? u can check out the rules over at meca's site....

i likes me some audio stuff...

hmm... a show an hour and a half from me... might have to check and see if I can go, might not be able to due to track etc.

will do. and i should split the fuses up to as many fuses as i can you say? like... say about 3 100 amp fuses? and are there any exceptions to what kinds? wanna use circuit breakers, so if i pop somethin, i just flip it back.

and they allow the use of an ipod to the cd player?

Archived