Sonic Electronix

I'm questioning on upgrading my system. I'm currently running a kicker solo baric l3 12" 400w rms with an mb quart 1.400 and tuned with a dd-1 in a ported 35hz box. Also running a xs power 3400d battery with stock 105a alternator. I would like to get your guy's opinion if upgrading to a:

Psi audio platform 2 12" running at 1400w rms in a 35hz ported enclosure

Or

Psi audio custom built 12" running at 1800w rms in a 35hz ported enclosure (I'll upgrade to 0 gauge from 4 gauge wiring as well)

I'm wondering if I will see a substantial improvement in power and volume as well as if it's worth the investment in upgrading.

Thanks

also read the rules it says not to ask wich will be louder with any set up just for future refrence

he is not comparing any brands so it is ok

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

you'll get louder with either option. but which of those two options are louder, is impossible to tell you.

I might be considering option A. Last night I finally tuned my system with the dd-1 (wasn't able to since the holes for the speaker leads are angled down and I currently have my amp mounted so I came up with a great idea is to probe the speaker wire instead of directly into the amp. Works just the same) and I had the gains set really really low. Turned it up and I was definitely able to hear a big difference. Going to re-tune it today or tomorrow since I'm distorting through the speaker leads going through the headunit (tested for distortion through 4 channel amp but I don't have any speaker leads hooked up to it at the moment; need to run speaker wire)

Was pretty happy with the result of the dd-1, so I'll listen to it further to see if it's worth pouring money into a new system or just save it.

By going with the PSI Audio 12", I'll be losing some cone area since the kicker is a square subwoofer which will lessen the amount of "bass" and moving air I feel.

also read the rules it says not to ask wich will be louder with any set up just for future refrence

Thanks. Yeah, I just want opinions on if it would be worth it to upgrade or just save the money. I don't dare to compare brands because like the previous posters said, it all depends on the setup and everything.

Doesn't matter brands or not. You just cant tell which would be louder.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

either way it will be louder

REPPIN 405 SQAUDD

you can hear me for ya see me

My setup (special thanks to DC creations)

1 Soundstream rub 2500 with 1/0 gauge

1 DD 9518g

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Stock alternator (170 amp)

Dura last gold under hood with big 3

DD_avitar_thumb.jpg

Archived