all seasons for snow

during the summer months i have my 18" x 7.5" enkie wheels on the car and this summer i had to say good bye to the g-force tire i had and ended up going with a set of continental extreme-contact DWS.

at first i didnt realy want to because i feel in love with the g-forces, they handled the turns so good and really had a feeling of more control all around. due to money i had to settle for something cheaper, then looking for cheaper tires the only thing i could get with in the week was the continentals. after a full summer on them driving on both dirt and paved roads, wet and dry, and now even snow.

the continental tires win my vote for all season tires during winter snow conditions. they work great, better then i expected. from a stop i had to "feather" the gas a few times but no complaints there. the turns where smooth and easy, did start to slide once very little and hardly noticeable. i was making a full 90degree turn into a parking lot going a little to fast (my fault) and slightly slid to the side but like i said hardly any. any good exp driver with snow would be able to make it from a-b-c-d and any other places you need to go with out a problem.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I run Conti DWS' too. Love 'em :D

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

yeah these things are actually fairly amazing in snow. i mean my winter tires do handle better in the snow but they are studded winter tires and are designed differently.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

yeah these things are actually fairly amazing in snow. i mean my winter tires do handle better in the snow but they are studded winter tires and are designed differently.

i had the gforces and the only downfall was the wear on them, they kind of wore fast but i work at discount tire so it wasnt too big of a problem, id buy them again :good:

the dws's were the next tires on my list to buy, they have a good tread design and cheap on price

i ran studded snows and no all season will do what they do, but you have the noise that gets old fast but its the last thing u worry about when its icy

Well I just wrote quite a bit and then accidentally closed the tab. :madsign:

So... Brass fucking tacks:

I have the Eagle GT's, love them. They were great in the snow, unplowed roads, and kept up great in the app mountains during the winter. Yeah you can slide on ice but ice is ice no matter what tires. (besides studs or chains, which were illegal in my area) In the rain they handle just as if you were on dry pavement. I've never hydroplaned with them and I kinda push it. I took them through a flooded road which I had absolutely no business doing so. It was deep enough where I don't think it mattered what kind of tire you had, made it through though. :good:

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived