Sonic Electronix

I'm 28 and have just recently started listening to vinyl on my own and buying vinyl records. My setup is nothing special, a cheap Sony turntable playing through 2 old Bose bookshelfs and a powered sub, powered by a unremarkable Sony HT reciever. This is all in my unfinished basement along with some of my other toys (ping pong, darts...). I got the bug a few years ago when hanging out at my dad's place and playing with his turntable and vinyl collection. Some of the things I think make me enjoy it so much:

--It keeps the concept of an actual whole album intact. No skipping tracks or picking and choosing singles. You have to listen from start to finish as intended by the artist

--Listening is the activity. Sitting down with the album art and just enjoying the album, as opposed to music just being background noise.

--Fishing through used records at stores and chatting with others there is good fun

--In the digital download age, purchasing a record makes me remember the days of buying CDs, the excitement of having the actual album in your hands when you buy it or arrives in the mail. Downloading is convenient for sure, but seems a little anticlimatic at times.

--While my equipment is nothing special, I gotta say it does sound good. I also love all the crackles and pops on the used records.

--More and more artists are releasing new content on vinyl. I've read of several artists bundling their vinyl album with a digital download for convenience, but haven't seen much of this myself. Anyone know of a retailer that does this?

Anyone else still listen to or getting started listening to vinyl? Where do you guys purchase your albums? (For me, mostly amazon's vinyl store and Half-price Books) What are some of your favorite aspects?

I still do, have some old albums lying around from my parents, that's how I got into some of the music when I was a kid, got some rory gallagher, thin lizzy, led zeppelin, black sabbath, robert johnson albums, that type of deal :P I think there's a certain sound to vinyl, sounds better than cds to me for some reason.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

i do... as im to poor for cds,mp3s & flash drives when the needle brakes i just use a tape a Styrofoam cup to my index finger and use a finger nail i have shit tons of vinyl (and i mean it 45,33's,78s) my grandpa owned a record store and uncles where djs and i produce I just use them for music nourishment and sampling

@DJSMARTGUY PRODUCER/ENGINEER of YOUNG PROBLEMZ ...boy i got so many........boy i got so many

-TEAM WOBBLY WOOFERS-

4 18s MAKE YOU SCREAM!

I love vinyl. I bought my friend an Eminem Curtain Call vinyl since he likes Eminem, and he has a tube amp record player from the 1950's. The way it sounds is something magical, something you don't get from anything digital.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived