kenwood x996 clip volume

ok? im confused because the dd1 thread says to crank the sub level then to find the HU volume where it clips and to back off one, maybe i read it wrong because even on the 1000hz tone i still got clipping at 28? time to go re-read lol

I heard it the other way lol. Who knows maybe im wrong, but that's the way I've been doing it.

• 2 months later...

ok? im confused because the dd1 thread says to crank the sub level then to find the HU volume where it clips and to back off one, maybe i read it wrong because even on the 1000hz tone i still got clipping at 28? time to go re-read lol

Pretty sure he says to set the HU to 1 under clip. Turn freq. all the way up & gain all the way down(to start), then adjust the gain till destortion light comes on.

Hope I am correct in saying this. Please dont be too harsh if i am wrong just trying to help.

----------------

I have a DNX-8120 and i was getting clipping around 28-29 on an O-Scope read out, via potentiometer and mic-in to laptop using TrueRTA. If anyone else is getting diff clip level on this HU please let me know. Thanks

How to make the Potemtiometer set up to view for distortion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTgze8eGUEk

2006 Silverado Crew-Cab

Kenwood DNX-8120 - Head unit

4 x JL Audio 8w3's - Subs

Focal K2 Power - 165 v2 - Front - mids/highs

Focal Polyglass - 165 V2 - Rear - mids/highs

JL Audio Slash 1000 v2 - Subs

Alpine 400x4 - mids/highs

BIG 3, Dynomat throughout

clean on RCA lines. never used built in amp.

My x994 starts to show distortion after 25, from the built in amp. All the RCA preouts are clean up to 35/35 with everything set to flat

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• 3 months later...

I have x996. Max volume 35/35 - max UNDISTORTED 34/35 (using DD-1) Tune everything with xovers/subsonic/EQ in the OFF/full/flat setting first. after you have found your distortion level back off until the light goes out. then if you want to start using your bass boosts or up your sub level on head unit, do step 1, then slowly raise what levels you want to adjust and the DD-1 should be pretty spot on!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived