xx1 Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 in my opinion car audio its highly addictive, like most dangerous drugs. when I first thought about a system for my yukon I was pretty much settled on a single 15" on a smallish box, probably prefab or have someone do it for me. then I started to come to this forum and after a few months decided to go a little bigger and do 2 15" probably lanzar, mtx, jl. I ended up buying 2 fi bl 18" and doing a pretty big ported box my myself. I'm powering them with an aq2200 each. recently I attended my first comp, and did 151.7 on music metered with an ac190. but I feel like I want an upgrade already, thinking about 4 15" on two 3500's. but I'm pretty sure that once I've got that , I'll want more, and probably more after that. I mean I'm sure a lot of you guys with big systems started the same way. and it seems like its never going to end. I'm pretty sure I'm now addicted to car audio. has this happened to you?? audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)
suckerfreebass Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 addiction is a strong word every true bass head always wants more but for me its just a hobby if you start out your build using all the potential space an resources an plan your build out good enough you may not have very much room to gain where is if you put 2 18s rip em out 4 15s rip em out an end up with a wall you will spend alot more
08tahoe Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 Yes, I am addicted. Hi, My name is Youngsticky and my drug of choice is bass. I'm a bassaholic.
locomanny569 Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 Hi my name is manny and my drug choice is bass lol see im not so deep into yet i started with a 15" in my 89 caddy then a had a 12" dual then i moved to umm 2 sony subs after that i got 3 kicker cvrs now i have 2 DC 12"s level 3 M2s but its not enough so geting 2 XLs on 3200 each! My build http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495 Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS (1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1 (1)Hifonics Zrx600.4 (1) 1000 watt crunch amp (1)200 watt boss amp (2) Pyramid TW46 (4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs (1) EV 10 inch (2) XSpower 1200 (4) Pyramid TW18 box tuned at 32 Hz (2) DC level 3
xx1 Posted November 2, 2012 Author Report Posted November 2, 2012 addiction is a strong word every true bass head always wants more but for me its just a hobby if you start out your build using all the potential space an resources an plan your build out good enough you may not have very much room to gain where is if you put 2 18s rip em out 4 15s rip em out an end up with a wall you will spend alot more I know for sure its way more expensive to be changing systems, but hey, its all part of it. to me, the joy of being a basshead its not only having a system, but building it, giving demos, and always, always improve. they way I see it, it doesn't matter what you've got, there will always be room for improvement. and the day we stop improving, we'll begin to die LOL. audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)
94jettameowpsst Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 I kind of agree its a bit addicting. Off on a tangent I Am a member of a LOT of forums from when I was self employed and the consensus is always the same between forums, meaning the opinions, orders of operations and feelings are all the same....love/hate relationships for the said hobby. Sorry was off on a tangent, but I started w 2 12s, actually long ago 2 kennwood 5.25s in a box in my room haha. 150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries
fox_racin4 Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 yep.. im "slightly" addicted.... im already planning to go louder.. somehow.. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
BobbyG2 Posted November 2, 2012 Report Posted November 2, 2012 I realized I am to. After I finish installing my current setup, I'm going to try and hold out on going bigger until I can get my absolute "dream system". That way I'm not spending a ton more money than I have to, upgrading in smaller increments until I'm finally content. But, this will probably not happen. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
xx1 Posted November 3, 2012 Author Report Posted November 3, 2012 I realized I am to. After I finish installing my current setup, I'm going to try and hold out on going bigger until I can get my absolute "dream system". That way I'm not spending a ton more money than I have to, upgrading in smaller increments until I'm finally content. But, this will probably not happen. LOL! good luck! audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)
79Bronco Posted November 3, 2012 Report Posted November 3, 2012 You won't stop until your hearing is gone Then you'll realize that you don't need hearing, and wind up with 8 18's because it "feels good" Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart Processor: Digital Designs X1 Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400 Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28 Rear fill: Hertz 165xl Subs: 2 SA-12's 3-way active ftw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.