Sundown Audio

need some opinions on a NEW 6 channel

Fatman489

Yea bobby I seen the specs on it but just wasn't sure if it was quality product or not , I was guessing maybe a true 80-100rms x6 on a 4 ohm load but If it will really kick out 150 I'm for sure gonna have to redo the drivers in my front stage , I don't think they would like 150 lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Yeah, I hear ya. With a large battery bank and that 240A Alt you should be good for that ZED and an C2k/AQ2.2k.

I could throw out there that Sundown has their new models of SAZ1200 and 2500 on presale right now that he designed to be more efficient than the last models. And the new model of 1500 is also out now too.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Crescendo and AQ are both good companies. And I'm sure that ZED will put out rated, maybe a little more!

Zed specs:

• Rated power is 150 watts x 6 into 4 ohm or 300w x 6 into 2 ohm.
  • Bridged power is 300w x 3 into 8 ohm or 600w x 3 into 4 ohm.
  • The 3 pairs of channels are independently bridgeable. Two, four or six input configuration.
  • Channels 1+2 feature a 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High crossover.
  • Channels 1+2 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass or Low Pass from channels 5+6.
  • Channels 3+4 feature 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High and Low Pass crossovers.
  • Channels 3+4 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass, Low Pass or Bandpass or Low Pass from channels 5+6. .
  • Channels 5+6 feature feature 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High and Low Pass crossovers.
  • Channels 5+6 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass, Low Pass or Bandpass.
  • The High Pass crossover doubles as a subsonic filter as it is able to respond down to 10Hz.

If I had the money, I would get one of those, and do a crazy cool 3 way active setup

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Alpine I don't usually run my subs when I'm just listening to music and my sub stage changes so often I can't bring myself to spend good money on a sub amp lol ... But I ran the same 4ch for 4 years and like 13 different cars lol ... If I was to ever find a sub setup I was truely In love with I would spring for a nicer amp but most the time I have the subs off when cruising just like to have the option to rattle the windows of the car beside me if situation warrants lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Yeah, those Zed's are sexy, I wish I had the money for that and the components for a 3 way lol!

EDIT:

I find having a subwoofer an essential part of listening to music, unless I have an awesome set of speakers that can dig really low, but that's hard to do in a car audio environment.

Perhaps you'll be content with an I.D. Q. 600.1 and an SA 12"?

Nah man I haven't had less than 1000rms sub stage in about a decade lol ... I might grab a rf 2500bdcp ... If I'm just cruising my sub is usually turned down quite low , I am also considering throwing my truebass ultra 8 in the car in a small box right behind the front seats for rear fill (I used to have a dual sub setup in my 93 civic coupe so I know how to wire all that up so the 8 is on when the big bass is off and vice versa ) because I do love that little ultra 8 when I run it off my t3002 bridged at 2ohm :)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

A pair of AA Havocs on an RF 2500bdcp would sound AMAZING, and might get you to no longer need that little 8 anymore. :) The amp will come with a bass knob that you can adjust from ridiculously loud, to well blended with the speakers on demand.

O yea I know all about rockford amps lol I currently own 4 of them ... I do love some rockford lol ... Just recently ordered a dc lvl3 15 ... Ideally I want a nicer single sub setup in my hatch ... I kinda liked my 12w7 it just didn't get low and loud enough ( it was underpowered too though ) .. I'm just gonna keep tryin stuff till I get what I want lol ( I've currently got 5-8s 1-10 3-12s 1-15 and 1-18) one day ill find something that makes me happy

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Holy shit guys ... This damn zed must be purdy badass for almost everyone to post likes it lol .. I take it the cross overs are purdy good and it actually does rated then ? ... If that's out of the way I gotta decide between a crescendo 2k or an aq 2200d and then decide on a sub or subs .. 6 channel question was easy haha

Pretty much everything zed touched turned to gold is why, he designed boards for many different companies and they all were very good clean amps. Zed was responsible for the old series 6 and 7 hifonics. To some people hes like the godfather of power amps.

Archived