Second Skin Audio

ported box is tuned @ 26hz but subs recommend 35hz is this asking 4 fail?

Truconcept

seen a box tuned to 36hz do a 150+ at 29hz. fuck tuning low, gotta remember one thing, how much time and knowledge you're going to put into building and tweaking the box

im tuned to 35ish, and can pull off a 152/153 at 25hz still.. but no matter what i do my truck will play down to mid 20hz no issues and i can rape the high 40s and low 50hz area..

and you are running 12 10's 18k of power and 1200 amps worth of alts. So, yeah. lol

seen a box tuned to 36hz do a 150+ at 29hz. fuck tuning low, gotta remember one thing, how much time and knowledge you're going to put into building and tweaking the box

im tuned to 35ish, and can pull off a 152/153 at 25hz still.. but no matter what i do my truck will play down to mid 20hz no issues and i can rape the high 40s and low 50hz area..

not sure if this is an agreement to what i said, or just a statement :unknw: but i'll say it's an agreement because this is a prime example. you don't need to be at sub 30hz to reach down and have your balls slapped with a hammer at low-mid 20s, hell, even high 20s.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

not sure if this is an agreement to what i said, or just a statement :unknw: but i'll say it's an agreement because this is a prime example. you don't need to be at sub 30hz to reach down and have your balls slapped with a hammer at low-mid 20s, hell, even high 20s.

agreement

yes i have alot of cone area which helps.. but you also dont need to be tuned stupi dlow, to play stupid low. just a well built box

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

agreement

yes i have alot of cone area which helps.. but you also dont need to be tuned stupi dlow, to play stupid low. just a well built box

take lessons americans. the canadians know shit about audio.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

agreement

take lessons americans. the canadians know shit about audio.

hahaha nahh

the setup you heard was the first one ive acctually put work into. the wall ( just diff baffel/port) before the one you heard was built in 22hrs ( full wall buil din 22hrs) and it was the same way lol... dont have a clue how it did what it did but it worked!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Depends on the Fs of the sub. If you love jumping the coil out of the gap, go for it. Why are people tuning SOOO low, it's dumb. Tune to 35 Hz like the sub suggests, end of story. Everyone thinks its cool to tune sub-30Hz these days. Home installs are the only place mid 20s tuning belongs.

can you explain how tuning below Fs hurts the sub? I don't know how this stuff works.

anyone?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

ive never had an issue.. 1/2 the time i dont even look at the spcs of the sub to build a box.. i just do 1 cube per 10, 2 cubes for a 12 ect... haha i keep it simple seems to work..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Depends on the Fs of the sub. If you love jumping the coil out of the gap, go for it. Why are people tuning SOOO low, it's dumb. Tune to 35 Hz like the sub suggests, end of story. Everyone thinks its cool to tune sub-30Hz these days. Home installs are the only place mid 20s tuning belongs.

Jumping the coil out of the gap? Wouldn't playing 10Hz below tuning have a better chance of making that happen?

It sort of sounds like you all are telling him he can tune to 35Hz and be able to play 25Hz with a pair of Lanzar Opti 1232d. I believe they have like 13mm xmax........

If you have the right equipment that's completely possible, but I think were talking more about fundamental design thoughts and not specific to the OP question.

So Tru..

It should not hurt your subs to do that, but you will probably not be that happy with the response. Unless your box is designed for that low tuning and your subs are capable of doing it it will not be much of a benefit.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

if your putting 2 subs in a box do you add the recommended port sizes together of both subs?

Yes if you are also adding the recommended volume together.

By size, I am guessing you are talking the area? Ex. If it says 1 4" round port for 1 sub, you would do 2 4" round ports for 2 subs.

The length of the port is based on your volume and what you want it tuned to.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Archived