DC Sound Lab

The lvl 2 12 ported size is 1.25cu ported per sub. It appears you are very limited on space. Although the port area is lower then I'd suggest it will work fine, however the port length is very short and tuned pretty high. There is no standard port length as shape of the port and using common port walls effects tuning. I would recommend tuning them in the 34-36hz range, but that's my preference. Tuning is more of a personal taste. I have found everyone likes there's different.

I agree with the tuning being a personal thing but the 45hz tuning is starting to get out of the musical tastes and more into the SPL/burping tastes. It seems he just wants a daily musical setup which is where the 33-37hz range of tuning would be used.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

i can lengthen port, will this lower or raise tuning. I am pleased with sub, may have talked my cousin into trading his phoenix gold subs in on two level 2's or 3 12's. Just want optimum sound. Listen to rap and rock mostly, just low bass makes it smell.

Yeah the low bass makes it smell because you're playing way below the tuning. Adjust your Subsonic Filter to 38 for now.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Alls I have is a crossover on the deck and amp. The amp has a bass boost but on most of the forums they seem to advise not using them or you have to adjust your ain to avoid clipping. The amp is rated at 500 rms but the kicker reading in the box says it actually was guaged at 604. Weather here in Wa. is shitty right now and just got it all put in. If I were to widen the opening and lengthen it would that lower or raise the HZ?

If you shrink the port you will have virtually no port area. It needs to be lengthened. I don't have a port calculator in from of me but I'd guess it needs to be close to 22" long and still stay at 1.25 per cu. I don't see you getting the required space and port without rebuilding the entire enclosure.