help with voltage drop

ok so i'm getting voltage drop within 30 seconds. as for what im runnin 04 pontiac vibe has an 80 amp alt. done big three to an xs 3400 all 1/0 ofc under the hood . have cca to distro. in back . amps are kicker 750.1 and cersendo 1100.4 . all grounds are to strut bolts sanded . ive even tried runnin a ground strait to the battery and no luck . anyone have any other ideas let hear them thanx

you could maybe get another battery? bigger alternator? turn gain's down on amps? all i can think of off the top of my head right now. hopefully someone with a little better information on everything will chime in and pick up on what i left off on.

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

voltage drop will always happen unless you've got some insane electrical, now how much voltage drop are we talking about?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

almost 200 amps worth of potential current draw. you can support like 100. you likely need a new alt if you want to remedy it. batteries will probably just suppress the voltage drop and make you last a little while longer.

you'd be surprised how bad some cars charging systems come stock, like kranny said, it's time for an aftermarket alternator.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

almost 200 amps worth of potential current draw. you can support like 100. you likely need a new alt if you want to remedy it. batteries will probably just suppress the voltage drop and make you last a little while longer.

yeah ive already been checkin on alts. not havein to much luck tho . ive already called tenney and mechman no luck try e.a. and dc tomorrow

you'd be surprised how bad some cars charging systems come stock, like kranny said, it's time for an aftermarket alternator.

This. With my 60 amp stock I could barely make 700 watts before dropping into the 11s :/

A new alt is the only way to go really

-But the other thing that hasn't been mentioned is how are your gains set? If you are clipping it will draw alot more current and you will drop voltage much quicker

Team NorthWestSPL

all set with dd-1 and i have backed it down some more just hope someone makes an alt. for it

Have you contacted Ohio Generators? They will make an alt for almost anything with a bracket and belt under the hood.

I'm gonna hate

Archived