Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for a 13.5 w7 help

Nssuits

And would it be ok to build it with 1 inch think wood or should I for sure go with 3/4

1" MDF is hard to find, expensive, and HEAVY!!!

I would build it out of 3/4 birch. The birch you get at Home Depot and Lowes is fine, its not Baltic birch, but it is worth the couple extra $$ over MDF for the weigh savings alone.

You could use fiberglass for added support on the box if you know how to fiberglass. Also, all-thread braces are a good way to make it more rigid and not take up a bunch of displacement like braces made of 3/4 wood.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just picked up a 13w7 to replace my 2 12w6v2 subs and looking for a larger box for my SUV. Since I have a lot more room available I'm looking for a larger than factory suggested ported enclosure.

I did read that the w7 could sound better if put in a 3-4 cu ported enclosure per sub, but couldn't find anything like that already made available.

Can anyone help out with suggestions on if a larger ported enclosure tuned lower than 32 would work?

These subs have great excursion capability and can be placed in large boxes, 3-3.5 net easily just keeping power within a reasonable level, now getting a SQ subwoofer in a peaky alignment defeats it's purpose, if looking to get loud just go for some sub or subs made for that, and specially subs you can get a recone for less than the cost of a new sub. BTW welcome to the forum.

Just got 2 13w7s. going in a box with 2.5 cubes for each. ported. tuned to 34 hz. from fatbox USA. they make great stuff i'd look into their boxes. i had an alpine type r in one of their boxes and it hit like 2 12s.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I'm sorry but he can build a box that will still be correct and sound just as good for a hell of a lot cheaper then fatbox's boxes.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived