Nssuits

Enclosure for a 13.5 w7 help

I need some help I have a brand new 13.5 jl w7 and a 1000/1v2 amp I have no clue what to do for a box or how to build what I need I want a box that will hit hard but still sound pretty good any help?

So here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 2.5 ft^3

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 34 in

External Depth = 17 in

Port Width = 3 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 34 x 17

Left & Right Sides =

Side 1 = 15 1/2 x 13 3/4

Side 2 = 16 1/4 x 13 3/4

Front = 30 x 13 3/4

Back = 34 x 13 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 12 1/4 x 13 3/4

Extension = 22 x 13 3/4

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

SUPB12-1.jpg

Any questions, let me know.

W7's like big boxes. The bigger the better for them IMO. I had a 13W7 in a 5 cube box in my trunk with 2 slot ports. Sounded good and got loud.

If you could get to 4 cubes after displacement and tune to around 32 as suggested by JoeX that would be good. WIth only 1000 watts on that 13, no box will be too big. With mine in a 5 cube box, I had a Orion 2500D on it at 0.75 ohm.

A larger box will be louder and more efficient. It will also help with lows (35 and below).

• Like 1

What would be the differnce of running a 500/1 instead of the 1000 because I have a 500/1 1 as now and working at 1000 would the whole box change or would it be ok box for both 1000 and 500

W7's like big boxes. The bigger the better for them IMO. I had a 13W7 in a 5 cube box in my trunk with 2 slot ports. Sounded good and got loud.

If you could get to 4 cubes after displacement and tune to around 32 as suggested by JoeX that would be good. WIth only 1000 watts on that 13, no box will be too big. With mine in a 5 cube box, I had a Orion 2500D on it at 0.75 ohm.

A larger box will be louder and more efficient. It will also help with lows (35 and below).

totally agree specs on these are 2.3 cuft net tuned to 32hz built it and it sucked currently have 2 13w7 in 7.4cuft net which is 3.7 cubes each tuned at 30hz with an F3 of 25hz and they pound plays within a db from 30hz to 65ish hz

Edited by kalilac619
  • Like 1

What would be the differnce of running a 500/1 instead of the 1000 because I have a 500/1 1 as now and working at 1000 would the whole box change or would it be ok box for both 1000 and 500

The difference would be a 500/1 would hardly move that thing lol.

I did have 2 JL 1000/1 on mine for a while. One on each coil. A single 1000/1 is enough to get this sub going, but no where near it's full potential.

As your power increases, the general rule is you need to decrease your box volume. This is because a larger box has less control over the excursion of the sub. In your case, a single 1000/1 will have no problems even in a 5+ cube box. The X-mech of those things is pretty hard to hit. You just need to set your subsonic filter if you are scared of making it tap.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anr102990
      Got a Skar DDX 12 dual 2 ohm sub 1000w RMS. Christmas gift. Will be going in my 2005 F150 supercrew. I currently have 2 Alpine SWS 10d4 in a sealed Fox Box under the seat with an MB QUART amp, amp come free with the purchase of the 2 subs so it wasnt a bad deal IMO. That system will be going in my wifes Camry, building slot ported box now for it.  Anyways im looking for a louder setup, but also musical as well. I am capable of building my own enclosure, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking somewhere around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft after displacements tuned around 35 hz with a 6" aero port but am open to other designs. I have never had an aero port design, always slot ports and was curious to try it out. i have yet to purchase an amp for the sub and was looking into the Skar RP 1500 wired to 1 ohm but am also aware of box rise...so may save a little more for a bit larger amp. Also would like to add that i will be setting the box on the floor in place of where the smaller portion of the rear seat will fold up, for now anyways. Thanks in advance. 

• By SpitLantra13
      hello all! I am about to start work on a ported enclosure for a single 12" Rockford Power T1 (T112D4) ill mention some basic criteria i used to reach the current design and include photos of where im at in terms of planning, followed up by my questions. 
      So criteria- space lost to box must be minimal while still offering proper volume for sub. sub must be front firing and either front/side ported. (this is to eliminate any chance of cone damage via stuff in the trunk. also would like a plexi viewing window. amp must be hidden and exposed wiring minimal. (clean look)
      current idea/design- as of now im aiming for a 2 cube (pre sub) aero ported enclosure tuned somewhere between 34-36 depending on input. and id like to venture into vinvl wrapping/ designs.i plan on buildiing the box out of 3/4"MDF , on the back side (trunk side) will be the viewing window and complicated wraps/designs. my questions are as follows 1) if im using 3/4" MDF and i router a 1/4" depth to inlay the design, will that compromise box strength for this single 12? 2) my viewing window will be 10ish inches in diameter, do i need 1/2", 3/4" or 1" thickness? 3) it is entirely possible that i could run the aero port through my rear center armrest into the cabin, effectively making this a blowthrough ,should that be done? thank you in advance for any input.  

• By Joe f
      I'm looking at building my first 4th order for a sundown zv4 rev2 15"d2. I have experience building custom boxes but have never built a bandpass. I'm not sure on what ratio to go with. I like lows but would really like something musical. It's going in a extended cab f150 powered by a shark [email protected] Could someone tell me how many cubes for the sealed and ported side and how many sqin my port should be and what's the best to tune it at? Any info is greatly appreciated!
    • By load350z
      What's up bassheads, trying to keep this short and to the point. I got a wall built for my Nissan Altima 4door and from the sounds of the setup it not sounding the way I was hoping. I think he went with a program online to figure out wall design, he says tuning is 36hz or 37hz but sounds way higher.. the car bass is punchy... if anyone has any experience building enclosures for these.. plzzzzz let me know! Thanks in advance bassheads. I attached the measurements and design..
      Death Penalty Series 15
      Sealed Not Recommended
      Ported 3.0 cubes - 5.0 cubes, 36 - 80 Inches of Port, 32-37 Hz
      Average: 4.0 cubes, 55 inches, 32-37 Hz
      would these specs work? I think these recommendation was for the 2008 dp 15s!
      Equipment: Four  DP 15s D2 (2012 model), currently on a reserve 40.1 running at 1ohm. more power (10k-12k) will be added later.

• By tadpole
      Looking for help with designing a box this Will be my first time building a custom box I'm getting two sa 12 d4 rev3 with an Scv 2000.d mono block amp I'm putting them in my Chevy Malibu maxx it's a hatch back i would like to put them in the cargo area I've got 39 long × 20 deep × 15 high for trunk space I'm looking for a slotted box about 1.75 ft^3 per speaker and tuned to between 32-38 want to do an up fire box with the port to the back even if you can just help with port dimensions tuning is my biggest problem I've tried to use calculatores but I just don't know enough to use it comfortably even if it's just some help with learning to use the calculator it would be greatly appreciated thanks
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 260 Guests (See full list)