•    

Nssuits

Enclosure for a 13.5 w7 help

I need some help I have a brand new 13.5 jl w7 and a 1000/1v2 amp I have no clue what to do for a box or how to build what I need I want a box that will hit hard but still sound pretty good any help?

So here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 2.5 ft^3

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 34 in

External Depth = 17 in

Port Width = 3 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 34 x 17

Left & Right Sides =

Side 1 = 15 1/2 x 13 3/4

Side 2 = 16 1/4 x 13 3/4

Front = 30 x 13 3/4

Back = 34 x 13 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 12 1/4 x 13 3/4

Extension = 22 x 13 3/4

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

SUPB12-1.jpg

Any questions, let me know.

W7's like big boxes. The bigger the better for them IMO. I had a 13W7 in a 5 cube box in my trunk with 2 slot ports. Sounded good and got loud.

If you could get to 4 cubes after displacement and tune to around 32 as suggested by JoeX that would be good. WIth only 1000 watts on that 13, no box will be too big. With mine in a 5 cube box, I had a Orion 2500D on it at 0.75 ohm.

A larger box will be louder and more efficient. It will also help with lows (35 and below).

• Like 1

What would be the differnce of running a 500/1 instead of the 1000 because I have a 500/1 1 as now and working at 1000 would the whole box change or would it be ok box for both 1000 and 500

W7's like big boxes. The bigger the better for them IMO. I had a 13W7 in a 5 cube box in my trunk with 2 slot ports. Sounded good and got loud.

If you could get to 4 cubes after displacement and tune to around 32 as suggested by JoeX that would be good. WIth only 1000 watts on that 13, no box will be too big. With mine in a 5 cube box, I had a Orion 2500D on it at 0.75 ohm.

A larger box will be louder and more efficient. It will also help with lows (35 and below).

totally agree specs on these are 2.3 cuft net tuned to 32hz built it and it sucked currently have 2 13w7 in 7.4cuft net which is 3.7 cubes each tuned at 30hz with an F3 of 25hz and they pound plays within a db from 30hz to 65ish hz

Edited by kalilac619
  • Like 1

What would be the differnce of running a 500/1 instead of the 1000 because I have a 500/1 1 as now and working at 1000 would the whole box change or would it be ok box for both 1000 and 500

The difference would be a 500/1 would hardly move that thing lol.

I did have 2 JL 1000/1 on mine for a while. One on each coil. A single 1000/1 is enough to get this sub going, but no where near it's full potential.

As your power increases, the general rule is you need to decrease your box volume. This is because a larger box has less control over the excursion of the sub. In your case, a single 1000/1 will have no problems even in a 5+ cube box. The X-mech of those things is pretty hard to hit. You just need to set your subsonic filter if you are scared of making it tap.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mike12
      So I have been trying to calculate my first 4th order for 2 orion hcca 10s. I have started with having a seperate sealed chamber for each sub with 0.625 cuft each and a common ported chamber of 2.5 cuft tuned to 45hz. I was just wondering how much port area I would need? Also if the airspace would be fine? Also I went for a 2:1 ratio since that was pretty common, what would be the advantage of going to a bigger ratio like a 3:1? Ive heard these subs like smaller enclosures so I didnt want to get to big. Thanks!
    • By Deeeznutzhertz
      I'm building a 6 cubic feet enclosure for Two DC XL15 m2.1’s what port size do yall recommend
      wanting to figure out the port length plus cubic inches of port opening 
    • By ChevyBoy95
      Probably going to be rebuilding to a series 6th. Issue is, no real T/S on my current subs (B2 XM v1 15 d0.5's)
      For those who have experience with series 6ths or know a thing or two, feel free to chime in. 

REAR - 13.6 @ 28Hz (138sq in of port)
      FRONT - 18.98 @ 58Hz (511sq in of port)

Power is 2 12k's (not ran full tilt though, too much power, assume 4kw per sub) and they have like 60-70mm p2p excursion. Goal is to play down to 25 with authority and annihilate low 30's and play up to about 45-50

I want the baffle flat (loading 90+ lb woofers in a flat wall SUCKS). I can also get more volume, but would like the keep the width and length to 49 for the sake of MDF comes as 49 width pieces (makes making it easy)

• By tmoney09
      Ok so here is the deal..I have a Nissan 370z so room is well very scarce. Before my Nissan i was running a 15 inch FI BL. After i bought the Nissan i bought a 12 inch Fi Neo Q because i just thought there was no way in hell i would fit the 15 in that small hatch. Being used to the 15 i hated the Neo Q it just wasn't satisfying to me. So I sold that and bought a 12 inch Fi BL and it was definitely better, not quite what I was hoping for but it was better. Months later comes a bright sunny day and out of boredom i just go to measuring to see if there was any way possible to get that 15 in there and believe it or not i came up with a box that would fit. Flip side to that though it that is bare bones minimum and there in no free space to make the box any bigger. After port displacement and speaker displacement it was around 2.95 cubes. I threw the FI in there and let her rip and believe it or not it sounds pretty darn good. In this car the enclosure is directly behind my head so it's pretty loud.  My Fi is getting old and i was looking to upgrade. It did well on my hifonics brutus 2400 but i recently upgraded to the soundqubed 2200 and it seems to be a bit much for the FI (this sub is like 5 years old and has been through hell). So i was looking at the hdc4 2000 watt sub as an replacement. Seems to be a perfect match for the 2200 amp but iv'e read that it's a stiff sub and i'm concerned that if the sub is as stiff as people have said then being in a smaller enclosure may be a problem. Have any of you tried one of these in such a small enclosure?
    • By medwards420
      Can someone be nice enough to help me with a ported box plan for one American bass xd12 on 500 watts. It will be my first box build so something simple to follow. I found one for a sundown audio e12v3 I think it is...I know it' is not the exact sub but it' s a ballpark figure to go off of...any help is greatly appreciated.  It's going in to a 14 hyundai sonata so the trunk is rather big so no space problems
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)

•