Audacity

Nope. Clipping is in the waveform. Simply reducing the level only results in quieter clipping - but no change in how much it clips ;)

My friend has a studio so I've learn a lot from being their. sometimes all the waves (instruments/samples) Are clean and on the master track theirs several clips so we just lower the violume and viseverssa

So if what ever was recorded is dirty is going to stay dirty

Yea you can make the wave smaller like you want to do audacity and remove the red marks but all you did was make the wave smaller and smaller wave is less volume less volume harder to hear

So does the song clipping actually effect how it plays? Because 99% of the songs I opened up apparently clip which I had NO idea.

Minor clip here and there are alright their so small and short(as in time) that is hard to hear and won't cause anything can you play them

Absolutely after you set your gains and xovers correctly but just cause it it's set up to x volume doesnt mean you'll be able to go to max volume on all songs

And if there's a song that's really dirty you still can play just at lower volumes

But don't worry to much about it as long as you kno the limits to your system you can play anything clip or not

Reducing the amplification is analogous to turning the volume down while playing the original track

One cannot remove clipping, but you can lower the amplitude of the offensive frequencies... but meh

Red on audacity means it has reached 0db or surpassed it, any frequency from 0-40000hz could have done that and the 80-20hz are the frequencies that you need to worry about for sub bass, worry not about if a song is red, but whether the waveform is clean without plateauing or large flat spots or sawtooth/ramp waveforms.

If you have .00000000000000001seconds where a song touches or goes past the data "limit" it will turn red, so its not exactly a precise measurement of what will actually cause damage on a stereo system

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived