Jump to content

Polk MM6501 mid bass (weird noise) VIDEO inside


Swordlordboy1234

Recommended Posts

Posted

Take the door panel off and play it again and see if the problem lies in your door panel making the noise.

This may be a case of trying to track the noise down and remove it if possible, tough to say where the noise is actually coming from, from a video but try as best you can to find it.

Believe me friend, I WANT IT TO BE MY DOOR. I used the fader to isolate it and disconnected my tweeter Andre rear fill so ONLY tht speaker was playing. And them I played that bass mechanic song that has minimal words so I could focus on the bass. I had the speaker in the door. Out of the door. It still makes that noise and the other driver does not. I had both out of the door, and faded left to right. One clearly made the upper bass buzzing noise, the other didn't.

Is there anyway I can try to glue whatever came apart? Or better to send it back to Polk? Any suggestions for different speakers?

I'm super pleased with these in every way, (except the buzzing part) and I'd hate to see them go, but I have a vision for what my system WILL be and I won't stop till I get there. So any suggestions on replacements?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

Send them back if they are under warranty and get the replacements.

The polks and jbl's sound very good and i like them a lot, just be careful to not play them below 80hz with lots of power or they'll rip the surround on them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 833 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...