my car wont stay idled

My best guess is a vacuum leak. Check ALL the hoses in detail, and/or do other things to check it.

full power, no.. when i got it, there was a weird sputter sound everytime i pressed the gas, so i was thinking i had an exhaust leak so when i had the money i went to an exhaust guy and found out around my 2nd o2 sensor someone welded like the cat was cleaned out or some shit, so he added his own weld and that did help a little, but got a different distributor which had a buddy look at it and compared it with the one on the car and we both could clearly see that the one i bought was in better shape then the one on the car, meaning the cap.. i replaced the wires and did an oil change along with the filter, got some decent shape spark plugs from my grandpa and they looked better then the ones on the car, so i figured i would use them until i can get some NGKs, cleaned the IACV cleaned the air filter, for now until i can get some money to get the belts and check the timing and just go from there, but will have to look at the sensors might need some new O2 sensors, bc of the exhuast leak, since the car has 235k... but since i dont no much about where some of the sensors are im going to have my friend show me... and its getting that over carberated smell when i first take off

Have you checked your fuel filter to see if it's stopped up? We had a car do that until we replaced the fuel filter. It ran like a scalded dog after that.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Not really familiar with that particular car, but my guess if there's no real error code would be some false air somewhere? Check for air leaks in the hoses after the map sensor.

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

like said above i'd check that vacuum system. make sure there isn't any leaks cause it can mess up a lot in a car, like the vacuum idle control :P and im still fighting a rough idle problem on my ranger. it sucks :/ i just wanna be able to let it sit and run fine, it's just frustrating.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Check for all vacuum leaks, make sure all ground are good and intact( Head, thermostat, tranny etc) Clean/ Replace fuel filter, worse case scenario pull off injector and make sure they are all squirting or get them flow bench test and balanced, replace the cap and rotor in the dizzy, check the spark plugs again and make sure there is no "white granular dust" forming, check the tps and make sure the o-ring below isnt compromised, IAVC re-clean it/ test it make sure its working ie the plunger that opens and closes is working order.....most likely the problem on 96-00 civic idles issues resides in the IAVC the plunger/motor inside will burn up and the coil inside will break apart....in my 97 i had a similar idle problem not as severe and it was the iavc

Archived