Sonic Electronix

stereo for girlfriends car for christmas

I am in the process of putting together a system for a christmas present. It will consist of alpine cde-hd138bt for the head unit. Then for the speakers i will be using rockford fosgate t1652-s for the front doors and t152-s for the rear doors. For the sub I am using a sundown sa-8v2 d2. I am going to run rockford fosgate pbr500x1 to the sub running 1 ohm. I am going to use a pbr300x4 for the component speakers. Should I run them passive or get another pbr300x4 and run all the mids and highs active. I want the best sound in her car.

If you have the $ to burn and are willing to go through the headaches of tunning with x-over points and such that come along with an active set up there is nothing stopping you.

The fact is though that unless you are going to compete or you and your GF are Audiophiles the odds are neither of you will see that great of a difference that justifies the added expense and hassle of going active.

welcome to SMD, now post pics of said GF

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I'm with rolex on this one. Save the trouble of active. Its someting you can upgrade to later if you want. Plenty of very nice systems out there run passive. Besides, who's to say you won't be very sastified with passive untill you run it for awhile. Get some serious listening time in then decide if its missing something.

Oh and pix of said gf :ninja:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

can you notice a big difference between running passive and active?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Dont over complicate it. Run a good 4 gauge wire to a two way distribution block.

Toss a 100 amp fuse by the battery, an 80 amp fuse feeding an 8 gauge to the 500x1 and a 30 amp fuse feeding a 10 gauge to the 300x4.

the 80+30 = 110 but with a 100 up front IF both amps were ever to draw max power you would be safe. better to under cut the amperage for safety rhather than over fuse the system.

And as far as cooling goes, again..... these amps will be just fine.

If they needed cooling fosgate would have put a fan in them and it's not like either are a 200 amp current draw monsters.

this is a straight forward install tha should take a nice quiet weekend. And completeing thsi project should hamper you from those pix!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived