Messed up

Do yourself a favor and install a mechanical fuel gauge.

I'm sill 16. i dont even know how to remove the gauges. maybe help from my dad

Nissan Frontier

10" Cadence Midbass

8" Cadnece Midrange

Bullet tweets

2 Re audio Sxx 15 Subs

Mechman 270a

2 Re XT4000deV3 mono 1600 rms

1 Re XT400deV3 Bridged 350x2

2 Cadence 175.4 Bridged 350x2

Audiomaxx and Stinger 0,4,8,12 awg wires

Dynamat sound deadeners

My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...__+1999 +nissan

Since i installed the mechman 270a alt and 3 batts at my Frontier the fuel gauge is going nuts!

sometimes when i look at my fuel gauge its at the middle and then sometimes its at the red mark (near empty)

can someone tell me whats the problem? help?

lets see... hmmm.... yes.... wait.... maybe.... no.... ???,,,

I GOT IT...

not enough info

when its at half empty is it right after you leave the gas station? when it at empty is it as you get to the gas station a few days later? how many mpg are you getting? is it randomly changing through out the day? like say your driving down the road and go a mile and its and half full then go another mile and its at empty?

if you answered yes to the first 2 questions its called using gas. in order for the car to run it burns gas in which long story short makes the car move from point a to point b.

if you didnt answer yes to the first 2 but yes to the other questions and you have figure out your mpg to be within normal range then the gauge isnt working correctly. call your local junk yard for parts or see if you can get them new.

Sorry for the lack of info

ok so i went to a gas station and had my tank 1/4 full and the fuel gauge was also 1/4 then i drove to my house it was only like 5meters away from the station and then the next day i saw my fuel gauge near the red line (almost empty) the keys are on the ON sign and then i turned on the engine the fuel gauge went to 1/2 mark and then i was just idling and testing my audio stuff for like 10 mins and then the next 4 hrs. it went back to the 1/4 mark. this just happens almost everytime.

5 meters away from the station? I don't think you would be able drive out the gas station within 5 meters

Since i installed the mechman 270a alt and 3 batts at my Frontier the fuel gauge is going nuts!

sometimes when i look at my fuel gauge its at the middle and then sometimes its at the red mark (near empty)

lets see... hmmm.... yes.... wait.... maybe.... no.... ???,,,

I GOT IT...

not enough info

when its at half empty is it right after you leave the gas station? when it at empty is it as you get to the gas station a few days later? how many mpg are you getting? is it randomly changing through out the day? like say your driving down the road and go a mile and its and half full then go another mile and its at empty?

if you answered yes to the first 2 questions its called using gas. in order for the car to run it burns gas in which long story short makes the car move from point a to point b.

if you didnt answer yes to the first 2 but yes to the other questions and you have figure out your mpg to be within normal range then the gauge isnt working correctly. call your local junk yard for parts or see if you can get them new.

Sorry for the lack of info

ok so i went to a gas station and had my tank 1/4 full and the fuel gauge was also 1/4 then i drove to my house it was only like 5meters away from the station and then the next day i saw my fuel gauge near the red line (almost empty) the keys are on the ON sign and then i turned on the engine the fuel gauge went to 1/2 mark and then i was just idling and testing my audio stuff for like 10 mins and then the next 4 hrs. it went back to the 1/4 mark. this just happens almost everytime.

5 meters away from the station? I don't think you would be able drive out the gas station within 5 meters

The fuel gauge just keeps on going loco

Checking the floater inside the tank would be a nice thing to do

Nissan Frontier

10" Cadence Midbass

8" Cadnece Midrange

Bullet tweets

2 Re audio Sxx 15 Subs

Mechman 270a

Dynamat sound deadeners

Take the mechman 270a alt and 3 batts off and get a new car. Easy fix

iamGcast

haha no way man its my first car.

Nissan Frontier

10" Cadence Midbass

8" Cadnece Midrange

Bullet tweets

2 Re audio Sxx 15 Subs

Mechman 270a

Dynamat sound deadeners

that sux that it went crazy on you though, ive had cars that did that to me and didnt bother me at all. until i ran out of gas one day. Then i sold the dam car and bought one with a working fuel gauge. I have a 95 Civic that does that to me know. if im driving straight and normal it marks good, But if i take a left or a right turn it goes down by half a tank. Its weird like that on Hondas, i had another civic that did the same thing.

iamGcast

that sux that it went crazy on you though, ive had cars that did that to me and didnt bother me at all. until i ran out of gas one day. Then i sold the dam car and bought one with a working fuel gauge. I have a 95 Civic that does that to me know. if im driving straight and normal it marks good, But if i take a left or a right turn it goes down by half a tank. Its weird like that on Hondas, i had another civic that did the same thing.

yeah it sucks man. i'm also scared to run out of fuel one day in the middle of the road. I had to calculate in my head on how much kilometers left with the amount of gas i put inside the tank

Nissan Frontier

10" Cadence Midbass

8" Cadnece Midrange

Bullet tweets

2 Re audio Sxx 15 Subs

Mechman 270a

Dynamat sound deadeners

keep a 2-5gallon gas can of gas with you at all times.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived