The better option

Before I found CCA wire for $1 a foot, I was planning on using 1 + run of OFC to the back battery, and then grounding in the back. Would having 1 pos and 1 neg run of CCA to the back battery be a better choice? The only downside of having two runs to the back is that I would have to run them underneath the car and then drill into the trunk, which doesn't bother me if it is the better option.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Yeah I am upgrading to a AQ2200. I knew that grounding everything plays a big part in electrical drop. iirc running a actual ground wire up front was better than going through the frame. I didn't know if CCA would be better than the frame or not.

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Thank you! That video is answered my question exactly. If the 1/0 OFC cable had a bigger drop then the chassis, then CCA will be even worse. So I'm going to stick with my original plans of just one run of pos back to the amp then.

Question, if I ran two pos runs back, would I have to run to neg runs forward? (Their video only had a 1200w, I will be running around 2500w) They did mention that the drop could change with larger systems.

oh, ok now I understand what you were saying.

Archived