alaskanzx5

so my setup will be as follows

pioneer deh-80prs

t1500.1bdcp

2 t2d415

t400.4

2 punch pro tweets

2 punch pro mids

my question has to do with the rockford punch pro mids. my question is to which one would be better to use. the 6" has a freq response of 85hz - 5khz while the 8" has a freq response of 80hz-5khz.

would it be worth it to get the 8" for the simple factor that the freq response is 80hz - 5k hz compared to the 85hz -5khz? i mean its only a 5hz difference between the 2 speakers at the bottom end of the freq range. would 5hz really make a difference? im not going for sq but would like 2 know which of the 2 speakers give me the better sq?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If you haven´t the punch speakers why not goin power-series http://www.onlinecar...te_T1675-S.aspx

im not going for sq just loud, the t1 would be nicer as far as sq but as not as loud. i was just trying to figure out if an extra 5hz in the freq response would be worth doing the 8" mid. if i decide i want more sq then i will just put the punch pro mid in the rear doors to try and gain some depth to the system and get a t2 6.5 comp set.

here is what i have figured out so far, the 6" is said to have tighter midbass then the 8 but that the 8 could be louder do to more cone area and have that slight difference in freq response but mostly likely not noticeable to the ear.

im going with the 6" because of the smaller size for easier fitment on the door panel and the tighter midbass.

a good friend of mine works at a local shop and have heard the punch pro 6" and 8" in person when rockford first released them. he is the general manager and deals with a lot of the reps for the products they carry so 2-4 times a year he goes on trips so he was able to hear them at a rockford booth.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Well, if you want mid bass and you have the depth, and you are going to spend $65 - $70, why not just get the p2 8"?

http://www.amazon.co...s=fosgate p2 8"

ease of fitment, the 6 would be much easier to work with. the punch pro 8 would still have fit but a p2 8 wouldnt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived